Xgody Tablet

Mr. Bill 43

Aug 15, 2015
My tablet opens Txt files in HTML How do you change that ? Yes, I'm a dummy when it comes to technology !

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If they really are text files they should still display correctly. Is there a different app you want them to open in? If so, can you tell what app is opening them now?

Mr. Bill 43

Aug 15, 2015
Welcome to the forum

If they really are text files they should still display correctly. Is there a different app you want them to open in? If so, can you tell what app is opening them now?
No different app I just want them to open in text ! They always open in Android HTML. Can't find a way to change that nor can I find a "save as" button can only see "move" Delete"" Copy" options.

Mr. Bill 43

Aug 15, 2015
No different app I just want them to open in text ! They always open in Android HTML. Can't find a way to change that nor can I find a "save as" button can only see "move" Delete"" Copy" options.
Icon shows android robot and says" Android HTML Viewer"

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to the apps manager and scroll to all. Fine that viewer app and clear the defaults and cache. Next time you try to open a txt file, if there is another app that can do it it will ask.

Mr. Bill 43

Aug 15, 2015
I did just that , I only have 3 apps on this NEW tablet... none of which have anything in the cache or defaults.. none of these apps say anything about reading text ,they are DragonFire-v2.3 DragonPhone and com.sftwinner.videotest..... Could I need to download an app that will read text? or change HTML to Text ? These documents have the .doc suffix they are word documents in microsoft word 2007 My pc is Vista ! Thanks for your help . I am a complete dummie re: tablets.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You didn't follow the directions properly. If you were in the all column you will see dozens of app, all system apps, including the one mentioned.

Mr. Bill 43

Aug 15, 2015
Yep, I see that and I did clear the defaults , unfortunately the cache would NOT clear for some reason. Cache is holding 12 kb I went back to open the document and it said it " couldn't import vCard " thought I had it fixed but ..... any more input you can give me ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds like you don't have another app that will open it and if it is in fact a vcard that technically isn't "just" a text file. It's intended to be read by a calendar or contact file and would display if you used Outlook. It's a Microsoft generated contact info file.