Xperia Z, Buy or Not?

8.5mark

Aug 3, 2013
I need good tablet and xperia Z looks really nice with good design and android supports practically all what I need. What about experience guys any lags? I need it for business and I need stability and any lags. Perhaps I should go for Ipad 4, I hate apple but I need stability. Can anybody give any experience on xperia?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi, 8.5mark.

Welcome to the Forum.

I've said this before and I can't reiterate it often enough in my posts : dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the new Nexus 7 is the best small tablet you can buy. Thanks to its stellar performance and affordable price, the Nexus 7 is the Android tablet to get. Oh, and by the way, since it's is a Google-branded tablet, it will always see the latest version of Android before any other tablet.
Game, set, and match for the Nexus 7.

Cheers.
Ed

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The Sony is a great tablet and its ability to resist the elements makes it all the more desirable. The Nexus 7 is a great device but really more of an entertainment tab and not oriented towards business use.

8.5mark

Aug 3, 2013
Sony tablet is really nice I love design but possibility that sony will not give long support for android is stopping me from buy it.
What about battery seems really small capacity. Nexus is to small and 10'' I don't like it.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If you don't like the Nexus 10 and you want a long battery charge, then I would strongly recommend taking a look at the soon-to-be-launched HP SlateBook x2. The 2-cell (25WHr) battery in the SlateBook x2 should give users 10 hours of use on a single charge, but battery life can be boosted another 8 hours when docked with the keyboard thanks to its built-in 2-cell (21WHr) battery. HP is also very much in favor of expandable storage with a microSD card slot built into the tablet and a traditional SD card slot tucked into the side of the keyboard.
The HP SlateBook x2 is scheduled to go on sale later this month for $479. It may be slightly more expensive than the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, but the HP SlateBook x2′s higher resolution display, keyboard dock and extra battery life should make it a great alternative for those who don’t mind parting with an additional $79.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I have played with the Xperia Z at retail stores that have it on display and still can't believe how light it is. Every time I pick it up I keep thinking it's just a nonworking hollow display piece with nothing inside. Keep in mind that these display units have a big anti-theft puck glued to the back!

Realistically though, only you can decide whether the Experia Z will fit your needs. I personally think it is ~ $100 to expensive for what you get. If you need - and will use - some or all of it's unique features then you may be willing to pay what Sony is asking.

Lastly, did I mention that it's REALLY light?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I personally think it is ~ $100 to expensive for what you get. If you need - and will use - some or all of it's unique features then you may be willing to pay what Sony is asking.

I agree. Unless you email in the shower or are a storm chaser and do weather reports during a hurricane, do you really need a waterproof tablet?

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
If you don't like the Nexus 10 and you want a long battery charge, then I would strongly recommend taking a look at the soon-to-be-launched HP SlateBook x2. The 2-cell (25WHr) battery in the SlateBook x2 should give users 10 hours of use on a single charge, but battery life can be boosted another 8 hours when docked with the keyboard thanks to its built-in 2-cell (21WHr) battery. HP is also very much in favor of expandable storage with a microSD card slot built into the tablet and a traditional SD card slot tucked into the side of the keyboard.
The HP SlateBook x2 is scheduled to go on sale later this month for $479. It may be slightly more expensive than the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, but the HP SlateBook x2′s higher resolution display, keyboard dock and extra battery life should make it a great alternative for those who don’t mind parting with an additional $79.

Is this the tablet you're referring to? HP SlateBook 10-h010nr x2 PC | HP® Official Store

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Sony tablet is really nice I love design but possibility that sony will not give long support for android is stopping me from buy it.
What about battery seems really small capacity. Nexus is to small and 10'' I don't like it.

I worry somewhat about HP's support as well after their Web OS tablet debacle. They seem to be just testing the water throwing devices out to see what may stick. Still if the device out of the box does what you need it may not matter if you can count on the company to work to keep the OS current I suppose.

8.5mark

Aug 3, 2013
I really don't like HP tablet, only Sony has this something. I don't know perhaps surface pro or sony duo 11 will be better option

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I really don't like HP tablet, only Sony has this something. I don't know perhaps surface pro or sony duo 11 will be better option

Both great devices aside from the battery life, if you are going that route I would consider a Haswell based device with the considerably longer battery life.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Sony Z Tab. <-- nice one, I like't, next month coming upgrades ->> 4.3 , well-be better... !!!