YouTube on the Archos 70 Tablet

dallen

Mar 8, 2011
I'm new (obviously). I bought a new Archos 70 and after a multitude of problems and system crashes, I have "most" of it working.

However, it won't play YouTube videos. Is it supposed to play them? I read somewhere that YouTube videos worked OK on the Archos 70. When I try to play a YouTube video, it says "you need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video." Can someone help me on this?

Thanks for any info.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You must(should) install three things.
1. Update to the latest Firmware 2.1.08
2. Install Google Market using ArcTools or GAppsInstaller_V5 or newer for Android Market install. You may also be forced to do the "Market Fix"
3. Install Flash from Appslib market. It is the most stable Flash for Archos.

Once installed, you should be able to play Flash and download YouTube from Market and install. NOTE: You may not be able to play HD Flash in a consistent manner. These are known issues until Adobe finally certifies Archos. Archos will then have HW accelleration capability. This has been in queue since January.

dallen

Mar 8, 2011
You must(should) install three things.
1. Update to the latest Firmware 2.1.08
2. Install Google Market using ArcTools or GAppsInstaller_V5 or newer for Android Market install. You may also be forced to do the "Market Fix"
3. Install Flash from Appslib market. It is the most stable Flash for Archos.

Once installed, you should be able to play Flash and download YouTube from Market and install. NOTE: You may not be able to play HD Flash in a consistent manner. These are known issues until Adobe finally certifies Archos. Archos will then have HW accelleration capability. This has been in queue since January.
Thanks for the reply. I already updated to 2.1.08 but I found an app on another forum, Youtube 2.1.6 by Google Inc and it's awesome! HQ no problem. Just watched Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On The Floor in HQ and Jennifer's looking pretty good! :)

You can download it and install it via USB cable here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.youtube

You need a Google account but the app is free.

Last edited: