Youwave

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
youwave.png

There are several of you out there that are brand new to Android and want to know if it’s for you. If this is you or if you have ever wanted to test Android out and see what it’s all about or if you just want to tinker around on Android without draining your battery, there is now a solution. Youwave is an Android emulator that runs on your windows pc and offers you access to thousands of apps. It is a great way to test out Android, it is by no means a complete Android system and it does have some bugs but it’s free! I just got done playing a game of Robo Defense, and it worked very well. So if you would like to give it a shot head on over to YouWave, Run Android Apps on PCs and download it.​

pi911

Aug 23, 2010
That looks really cool! I'm downloading it as I type. I hope it is better than the official SDK, because that one is deathly slow.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
I will play with this today to see how well it works. I've tried installing the official SDK emulator and found it very disappointing...

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Bummer it works great for me give it another go

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Worked fine on all my Windows machines (XP, Server 2003, Vista). Cool. Thanks for sharing.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
How well does it work?

I will try from a different Windows XP computer later tonight.

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Nice. Useful for trying out apps before installing them. However, apps that need to detect ARM processor will not work (i.e. Angry Birds).

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Correct some apps don't work but its a good start

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Agreed, it's a very good start. Keep it up YouWave! This is a very useful tool. I'm experiencing some hang-ups on the Vista machine; XP is the most stable (2003 Server runs, but quite slowly).

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Android tablet forum app works on you wave. I just thought it was cool

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum