ZEKI TB782B Factory Reset Not Working?

Nine8102

May 20, 2013
First Post Here...be gentle!

I gave the kids the ZEKI TB782B for Christmas. Completely stock, of course.

Well, the girl has hers so loaded up with Crapps that it's no longer usable. You can turn it on, but goes immediately to an error "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped", and from that point, the touchscreen and soft-buttons are useless.

The Zeki support site says to hold Vol- and click the reset button on the back...but that does no good. I've done similar with other Android to get to the admin/rom screen, but nothing's happening here. Holding the Vol- + Reset does nothing except what seems like a normal reboot.

Is the support site wrong? Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance...

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
mine has a reset button that you hit with a pin or sharp object not sure what that does only used it on one that had a hardware problem at the direction of tech support and it did not fix my issue or appear to do much of anything.

one thing you mite try is on mine if you hold down the volume + button and the power button eventually it will boot into safe mode and you may be able to restore the tablet to factory defaults from the settings menu i have reset mine to factory defaults from the settings menu a couple times but never had to do it from safe mode. mine is a BN model by the way there are different models and they each work slightly different.

if all else fails and you get desperate you can always totaly reformat and reflash the tablet using these instructions How to Flash Zeki TB782B, TB1082B Rom with Livesuit (UnBrick) - xda-developers just be sure you have the right file for your model tablet. also the video that shows how to do the install sorta sucks it does not show that you have to install the drivers when plug in and turn on the tablet using windows install new hardware wizard.