Trying to Fix a Zeki TB782B

jeffbrad

Nov 24, 2013
Hello. My wife's parents were recently sent a TB782B tablet from their daughter in the US (Chicago) and on arrival in the Philippines it seemed to work fine. After some weeks it stopped working and went dead so they gave it to me to take a look. The power supply seemed faulty and I didn't have a replacement but could connect it to the USB port on my laptop and it began to charge, so I left it over night. The problem now is that all I get is a startup screen showing ZEKI (white background) and that is all. I have tried the resetting options that I found online (Both a pin in the reset hole on the rear and also holding the volume minus whilst powering on), and nothing makes any difference. I remember when they received it you just had to give the power button a short press and it would power to the apps screen no problem, but now nothing but the ZEKI screen. Oh, occasionally if I leave it long enough it shows the word 'Android' scrolling on the screen and none of the buttons respond.

What could be the problem?

I have starting searching and found out about the LiveSuite software and might proceed down that route if I have to, but rather than dive straight into flashing the device I wondered if it might be something simpler.

Regards

Chaotic_Cruz

Dec 6, 2013
Hello. My wife's parents were recently sent a TB782B tablet from their daughter in the US (Chicago) and on arrival in the Philippines it seemed to work fine. After some weeks it stopped working and went dead so they gave it to me to take a look. The power supply seemed faulty and I didn't have a replacement but could connect it to the USB port on my laptop and it began to charge, so I left it over night. The problem now is that all I get is a startup screen showing ZEKI (white background) and that is all. I have tried the resetting options that I found online (Both a pin in the reset hole on the rear and also holding the volume minus whilst powering on), and nothing makes any difference. I remember when they received it you just had to give the power button a short press and it would power to the apps screen no problem, but now nothing but the ZEKI screen. Oh, occasionally if I leave it long enough it shows the word 'Android' scrolling on the screen and none of the buttons respond.

I have starting searching and found out about the LiveSuite software and might proceed down that route if I have to, but rather than dive straight into flashing the device I wondered if it might be something simpler.

Regards

Have you tried waiting awhile when the screen flashes android because that is what is does at startup. How long does it show the flashing android?

2jamesleyrer

Nov 9, 2014

Regards
can you hear the volume when you press it while your on the white zeki screen? if you can plug in the hdmi cable and hook it to a tv it should fix it if not you are gonna need a custom rom to install from the bootloader

2jamesleyrer

Nov 9, 2014
can you hear the volume when you press it while your on the white zeki screen? if you can plug in the hdmi cable and hook it to a tv it should fix it if not you are gonna need a custom rom to install from the bootloader
I might be able to help you with that