Zenithink C90A blank screen after pressing 'Auto' in screen brightness menu

wickedwings

Jun 29, 2014
Hi there,

I just received the C90A today. It worked fine until I press 'A' with a circle around it. I think it was 'Auto' on the brightness setting menu.

When I hit the on / off button, the tablet seems to boot OK – the 'Android' symbol appears as it usually does, but after that nothing happens.

If I tap repeatedly on the power button, the home lock screen appears for no more than about ½ a second, but then vanishes again into a totally black screen – its never around long enough to actually unlock the screen with a swipe.

I tried rebooting the tablet, and again – the 'Android' symbol comes up fine, followed by nothing more than a black screen,
and the occasional ½ second flicker of the lock screen when I tap around on the on / off button. I cant find a way to deactivate this black screen!

I also tried resetting by pressing the reset button at the back of the device.

Please help!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for an extended period of time - say 3 minutes, to see if a screen appears?

wickedwings

Jun 29, 2014
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried holding the power button for 3 minutes but the problem still persist :(

edap

Dec 12, 2012
What about doing a hard reset in order to revert back to the factory settings?

wickedwings

Jun 29, 2014
What about doing a hard reset in order to revert back to the factory settings?

I did that. Tried pressing it once, twice, holding it for 10 seconds, tried it with charger on and off. Still no progress. I might have a faulty unit.

wickedwings

Jun 29, 2014
I found a post that solves it. In case anyone else have this problem, here is what I did:
1. Connect to AC charger
2. Keep pressing the reset button at the back until you see android with the red exclamation mark with "no command" underneath
3. Do combo moves. Press power then up then let go of both at the same time but do it fast then you should be in the real recovery menu
4. Wipe data and factory reset then reboot