Zenithink Zt-180 Freezing...

marckarasek

Oct 25, 2010
I just bought a ZT-180 off ebay (Christmas Gift resell).

I flashed it to the Froyo 2.2 update from Zenithink. Everything was working fine. Played ANgry Birds last night for an hour or so and was playing around with the tablet for a couple of hours.

Until this morning, I sideloaded (usb) a couple of apps (flash player, pdf read) from the zenithink site. That is when thinsg went south.

After this the unit will now freeze at random times. I have flashed it back (using the menu not usb) to 1204. Then did a factory reset from teh settings menu. This seems to be a bit better, it will now boot but after about a minute or so the screen is unresponsive. You can not go back, anything other than a reset or pwr down does not work.

Any suggestions? I am going to flash the unit via usb when I get home. Maybe there is something residual in memory that needs to be scrubbed?

marckarasek

Oct 25, 2010
Flashed via usb Android scrubbed memory
Groups back to 1204
I may reflash to 2.2 after I am sure everything is stable...

marckarasek

Oct 25, 2010
There is a package of apps on the zenithink (chinese) website. I think it is called base apps or something.

If you upgrade to 2.2, do not try to side-load any of these. This MAY have caused my tablet to freeze. Luckily a total wipe and I was back in business.

UPDATE : I may have jumped the gun. This problem may have to do with wireless and 801.1x eap. (This is what work uses for wireless.)
I took it to work and configured the wireless and it froze again. So what I thought was the side-loaded apps may have been the wireless.

More investigation to come...

Last edited: