Do not flash firmware that was not intended for your device

Discussion on unofficial user Chinese forums: http://zenithink.com.nu

(Depreciated)
Firmware flash tool:
USBburntool(1).rar-USBburntool.rar

Firmware flash instructions (from xda):
Howto Flash the device:

Shutdown the Pad.
Then Press The Button on the Right site in front of the pad (there is only one?) and the Power Button at the Same Time.
Then the device will be flashable and the light will be blue i think.
Then you Put the USB-Cable in, install the driver which is also in the package.
Now you can open burntool.

Device10 should be green.
Now jo goto Settings, and set uboot, kernel,sys-dat, udat

uboot: u-boot.img
linux-kernel:zImage_cui
linux-sys:system.img
linux-udat:userdata.img

Press the FIRST button from the left site to confirm the settings

Now press Start and the device should be starting to flash....

However sometimes the board hangs after flashing and will not start directly dont worry. If everything doesnt help, do a reset.

christim

Jun 12, 2010
All of the links to files in the first two posts of this thread are dead ones, or I can't get to here from here.

Mongy

Sep 9, 2010
I got the 1030 update from the Zenithink site, my current is 0929, can I jump right up to that update and get everything current or do I need all the others first?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
yes, you can bypass the 1020. if you have not updated before there maybe some software missing from the package like the burntool and some of the unix files get those from the 1020 package

Mongy

Sep 9, 2010
yes, you can bypass the 1020. if you have not updated before there maybe some software missing from the package like the burntool and some of the unix files get those from the 1020 package

Ok, cool, I downloaded the 1020 package from the .us zenithink site, I think Im good :)

Man, this pad is awesome now, cant wait for the firmware update!

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
when you run the update i could not get the usb driver connection working on windows 7(upgrade from windows vista), but it worked on windows xp service pack 2. also you do realize that you have to have the usb to mini-b port (otg) connection on the tablet

Mongy

Sep 9, 2010
Ok, cool, I downloaded the 1020 package from the .us zenithink site, I think Im good :)

Man, this pad is awesome now, cant wait for the firmware update!

UPDATE!!

The 1030 update is RICH!!!! It has made a handy little tablet into a super machine!!!

Cheers!!

uhope

Nov 19, 2010
I updated my epad with same procedure as told but after restart it got held at "epad" screen. It is not moving ahead. What to do now?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
1) try the reset button to see if that helps
2) you can reflash the rom again
3) you can revert back to an earlier version
4) i take it you are pretty sure you have the zenithink zt-180

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
All right guys, I need help... I don't know anything about android and still deciding what tablet to buy but I got a lot of information around the forum and because I have no knowledge of none of this programs, I am really confused.
I was trying to get a few important apps to install and I got this list but I think some of the programs are the same just different names.
Can you guys look over and tell me which ones are repeatedly or which ones is unnecessary?
Here is the list:

- Universal Androot
- Root explorer
- Autokiller set to STRCIT (whatever that mean)
- Advance Task Killer Pro
- Autostart or Startup manager or Startup auditor
- Home Switcher
- LauncherPro
- Battery booster lite
- Memory booster lite
- Wifi toggle widget

Any help is appreciated!

Lubi77

Dec 8, 2010
UPDATE!!

The 1030 update is RICH!!!! It has made a handy little tablet into a super machine!!!

Cheers!!

Just got mine (well, my wife's X-Mas present, actually) in the mail yesterday. It shipped w/ 1030 installed. I played with it for about 2 hours last night in secret while she was at work and had zero issues with it. If the hardware holds up, I think this is a pretty cool tab.