ZTE K90U Tablet - Charge Cable Problem

reble

Apr 29, 2016
1st off the tablet works great and charges fine, OS Android v6.0. This tablet takes a type-C male plug on the charge cord.
For some games that I play on my Windows laptop I have jpg floor map files made up. I put this jpg files on the tablet so I can look at the maps so I know were I am at in the games. I found online at eBay a "Plugable USB MicroSD Card Reader" I can plug the SD card with the map files in it, into the reader. That way I don't overload the tablet memory or the internal SD card.

I have 1 problem. When the card reader is plugged in, the tablet is running on the battery. And I have the screen time out timer set to stay on all the time when the charge cord is plugged in.

I have gotten a few Y splitter's on eBay, both from China, both are junk. The 1st one is a micro -B USB Male to a female USB 3.0 data port , the other lead is a female micro type B charge . This one doesn't work period.

2nd one partly works. I can plug in the SD card reader into the USB 3.1 lead and it works or I can plug in the charge cord and it works. Plug in both at the same time and nether works.

This problem is driving me nuts. I use to be able to make my own Y splitters, I have an AA degree in electronics. I have micro tremors in my hands now, I can't hold the soldering iron still anymore. That's why I had to retire.
Well there is my problem in a nut shell.

Steve

reble

Apr 29, 2016
I guess I the same problem here as I do on the ZTE home support forum. This post has been sitting on the ZTE home support forum since May 22, 2017 @ 8:26PM with not 1 single answer? Whats the point of wasting the money to by or rent the main frame and the electrical power for a post that no one reads or answers. This forum is a wast of time also.