3.2 update = Mid September

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
^ exactly. not sure why everyone is so worked up over a minor update. oh wow, it's got a resizing feature...not a big deal! the 4.0 will be exciting!!

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Hopefully 4 will be a big game changer.. anything to give android a boost. A stronger android means more for us as customers. And I want my Tab to have even more bragging rights over iPads >:D

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
i disagree with the skip 3.2 mantra, I want them to fix their product before new features. Building a new road on crap still gives you a crappy road.

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
I agree, but what I'm saying is take 3.2, skip the painful release, and build 4 on it.

I see where you are coming form, but what should w do in the meantime if those features that are broken aren't to be fixed until 4 is released?

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
It won't be ICS but Jelly Bean 4.0 that will be for 10.1 tablets, I'm told. ICS will be for smartphones.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I've heard (and would hope) that 4 would be for both devices, Tablet and Phone. Which would help developers, who could market to phones and tablets better, and then Android would have only 1 OS to perfect.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Insane,

My daughter tried 2 or 3 times more still no luck. Ggravier suggested a cache refresh - I don't know why I didn't think of that - and the first download my daughter tried "failed" instead of "Invalid Update". She tried yesterday and now it update successfully. Maybe that's what happened to yours. My wife's tablet update without any problems.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I heard that from Wicked - I think. From what I've been able to glean is that essentially ICS & JELLY BEAN are the same but because of the hardware (ie., the CPU) the OS's can't be exactly the same. 10.1 inch Tablets use the Nvidia Tegra 2 chip except the win OS tablet versions (W500/800). Smartphones use a different processor.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
The X2, Droid 3, and Bionic all use the Tegra 2..

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
Man up and tough it out.

There are many things that I can think of that would consist of me manning up and toughing it out. An Acer update does not register in the top 100 of any of those things. I really find it interesting how many excuses are made here for a complete lack of follow through on the part of Acer. In all honesty manning up and dealing with features that are broken and or don't work is not something that should be offered as an viable option for anyone who has purchased their hardware.

sandshoe

Sep 8, 2011
Sorry if I'm the last person in the world to notice this, but I see that 3.2 allows the external micro sd card to be seen by directly Windows now. I can make good use of that.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
After a little over 40 hours of experience with the 3.2 update, I am a little worried why I got this update at all. It has not given me great advantages, but some serious disadvantages:
1. Wifi connection is not as spontaneous as it used to be. Often wifi data link is not established in spite of various attempts.
2. I have been using three browsers : a. The stock browser, b. Firefox c. Opera mini. I was finding the stock browser to be the fastest of the three, Firefox coming next and opera mini, least responsive all the time often not connecting. After the update to 3.2, the stock browser is hanging. Firefox alone is coming to my rescue.
3. Photo attachments to my gmail are refusing to download.
These are new problems to my tab. Wish to know if someone has similar bad experience after the 3.2 update and a solution as well.

belial

Sep 11, 2011
After a little over 40 hours of experience with the 3.2 update, I am a little worried why I got this update at all. It has not given me great advantages, but some serious disadvantages:
1. Wifi connection is not as spontaneous as it used to be. Often wifi data link is not established in spite of various attempts.
2. I have been using three browsers : a. The stock browser, b. Firefox c. Opera mini. I was finding the stock browser to be the fastest of the three, Firefox coming next and opera mini, least responsive all the time often not connecting. After the update to 3.2, the stock browser is hanging. Firefox alone is coming to my rescue.
3. Photo attachments to my gmail are refusing to download.
These are new problems to my tab. Wish to know if someone has similar bad experience after the 3.2 update and a solution as well.

My god... I still don`t receive the 3.2 update, but - apparently - this update has some problems...