3 questions about my coby kyros m1024-4g

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Hi,

Good day to All!!!

there are things that im wandering and im hoping the guys in this forum can answer me,

1. My Coby Kyros M1024-4G came up with pre-installed 2.3 Gingerbread, and then i installed the latest cfw by lfom (thanks man) which is Gingerbread LF V1.5, im happy with this cfw because i'd finally rooted my coby, cause the latest superoneclick does not work for my coby. so my question is, is there a way so that i can roll back to original rom just like when i first bought it,which is 2.3 gingerbread with no cfw?

2. If i can go back to 2.3 gingerbread official rom, is there a way that i can back up my apps and data so that i wont need to install it again from the start?

3. Im just wondering if that since my coby came up with original 2.3 gingerbread, is there a way that i can upgrade it to 3.0 honeycomb? is there a minimum requirements or specs to run the honeycomb? cause when i check the coby site, there OS for the 1024 is just 2.2 (correct me if im wrong).

Thanks in advance.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. No, unless Coby releases an official restore firmware like they did for Froyo or someone else with the stock ROM creates a backup task (not a simple task since there is no CWM for 1024 AFAIK).

2. There are plenty of backup apps on Market, the most used is Titanium Backup. Backing up is easy, even ES File Explorer does this, the problem is copying app data. TB needs rooting to do this, so if you go back to an unrooted ROM you can't restore app data, only the application themselves (not sure if it's a paid option on TB as well).

3. There is a beta of a Honeycomb version for 1024 with 1024n boards. I am working on it, but it has many bugs as of now, so I would not recommend it for every day use.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
1. No, unless Coby releases an official restore firmware like they did for Froyo or someone else with the stock ROM creates a backup task (not a simple task since there is no CWM for 1024 AFAIK).

Another forum has a couple of posts that the CWM for the 7022 works on the 1024 and 1125. I will go back and double check the version but I will post it here if anybody is interested. I haven't built up the courage to try it yet myself.

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
@lfom: thanks for the info.anyway i'll just wait for your release of the honeycomb rom. for the app data i guess i will back it up to my hard drive.
@Kairnage: please post the link i want to read what it says.

edit: anyway how can i make a signature in this forum i didnt see any options on how can i create a signature :) :) :), cause i want to post my signature about my coby too with cfw :) :)

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Another forum has a couple of posts that the CWM for the 7022 works on the 1024 and 1125. I will go back and double check the version but I will post it here if anybody is interested. I haven't built up the courage to try it yet myself.

Firmwares for 7022 may work with 1125 (probably after a few minor modifications) but definitely won't work on 1024: completely different hardware and even the firmware is flashed with a different procedure.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Firmwares for 7022 may work with 1125 (probably after a few minor modifications) but definitely won't work on 1024: completely different hardware and even the firmware is flashed with a different procedure.

Sorry I was talking about just Clockworkmod Recovery, not the actual firmware.

titoxtian

Jun 18, 2012
does anyone have kyros 1024-4g? mine came up with a pre-installed gingerbread but no google market...could you help me or point me somewhere?
any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
can someone teach me how to post a new thread?

Click the link to the forum you're going to ask a question in and look through the recent threads already posted there to see if your question is already being discussed. If you have any questions regarding a discussion, reply to the thread and ask them. If your question isn't being discussed, start a new thread by clicking + Post New Thread just above the header of the forum. When the box appears, fill in the Title: box with a meaningful title, then go to the large box and compose your post. Hope that helps.:cool: