4.3 mini Pocket Droid

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I thought that i would trade in my rockchip RamosT11ad 5 inch tablet for this one.
I want to use it has an ebook reader.
When i get i will let you know how i get on with via 8650:D
I ordered mine from ebay Uk for just over forty pounds.
You need to look up 4.3 android tablets.
I ordered a red one they come in red , blue green , black and white.

Last edited by a moderator:

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I just got my PocketDroid 4.3 tablet running android 2.2 . It is better than I expected. I was surprised that it plays games so well. The rockchip based Ramos T11A had great problem, so slow:rolleyes:. Therefore the processor is faster that rockchip. It also has access to the Market as well as the App market. My first 7 inch VIA tablet had no access to the market and App market was in Chinese, so i had to side load apps. The manual was in English and made sense which is a first.:)
Thankfully they have got rid of that horrible bulky 24 connecter:D. It has cable with connectors instead. it connects to the wifi, but have not taken it outdoors yet. Unlike the first VIA 7 inch tablets, you connect via dongle to 3G.
So far I am impressed. I will using it as an Ebook reader.
So you buy it for your kids, teenagers as a cheaper alternative to the ipod touch. If I have any updates i keep you posted.

Last edited:

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Just to update you. I have taken my PocketDroid outdoors today and had no problem connecting to wifi. makes a good Ebook reader.:D

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
Hello, what about screen resolution on this device? How many memory is available to user? And how many soft garbage it has?
Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine)

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
2 maestrodan
  • Android 2.2 Froyo
  • 4.3 Inch Touchscreen (Single-Touch Resistive), 480 x 272 Resolution
  • 800MHz Processor + 300MHz DSP
  • 256MB RAM
  • 4GB Flash Memory (available to the user ~1.5GB)
  • 1500 mAh Battery (works about 4-6 hours)
P.S. Trash apps is sufficient. Just for each user are different :D

Last edited:

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
With this very controversial. I tried to get a root with Universal Androot. There was a system message about the impossibility of obtaining root-access on this device, but the program it is necessary to show that root-access is obtained (RootUninstallerPro, SD Maid). This is very strange. (I have a device the third day. While versed)
Get Root Access, using the Super One Click to fail. The device is not USB ports that would be possible to connect the gadget to computer.
The only way - to put custom firmware Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v10.1. Root-access is enabled by default.
The latest version can be downloaded here Uberdroid __http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=600.0__
PocketDroid (51 = Portablet 4.3 ")

I have not used this firmware. Detailed information can be found on the forum
__http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=600.0__ (english)

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
It's for the tablet, which in wideo in first post?
I need computer with Windows to install it to tablet?(I'm using Ubuntu Linux)
And sorry for the stupid question, but I'm not know this, which version of Android is based this firmware?

Last edited:

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
1. Yes. This is for the tablet, as described in first post.
2. You do not need. There is a SH-script to copy the ROM to the SD-card. Just run the installer for Windows are available to Xtra options ;)

Universal WM8650 Uberoid v11:
Uberoid is a modded 1.5.5 firmware with 1.5.5 Green and Blue kernels with loaders from 1.3.1. In general, Uberoid is a highly optimized ROM for WM8650 tablets that is easy to modify: Run CHANGER.BAT on a Windows PC to setup and / or personalize the ROM. Type "X" <enter> in CHANGER to see all XTRA commands. In Linux/Android, you can run CHANGER.SH to setup the model for your ROM, other CHANGER functions will be
added in later versions.

You can run CHANGER to:

* select your model (changes ROM config according to you model)
* copy Uberoid to SD (type in CHANGER "SD" <enter>, or anwer "y" after CHANGER has set a model, it will ask you to copy to SD.)
* Format a SD properly and copy Uberoid to it (type in CHANGER "SDFORMAT" <enter>, or anwer "y" after CHANGER has received "n" to the COPY question, it will ask you if you want to format and copy to SD.)
* Create a LiTE version, in CHANGER you type "LiTE", this makes 40.5MB free in the ROM. It removes these components:
-extra apps
-flash and
-all the honeycombmods.* Type "UNLITE" <enter> in CHANGER to get the extra apps back.
* Change the font/lang to Arabic (type in CHANGER "AR" <enter>)
* Change the font/lang to Thai (type in CHANGER "TH" <enter>)
* Change the font/lang to Turkish (type in CHANGER "TR" <enter>)
* Enable/disable phone support by executing "PHONE" <enter>
* Add rt3070v2 support by typing "RT3070" <enter> (type "UNRT3070" to undo) Use this option when you have no wlan, you can use this with every option
* You can mix language / region settings very easy, type "LOC" <enter> in the CHANGER for more info and settings.

Main features:

* Live Wallpaper Support
* HoneyComb styled launcher, framework and icons
* Extreme WM8650 compatibility (80 models +!)
* Run CHANGER to make the ROM compatible with your device using Windows
* Customizable ROM, make it more LITE for example, type X to see all options
* 100% Rooted
* Audio Boosted
* RAM Boosted
* Updated BusyBox to 1.19
* Memory cleaning boosted
* Memory read/write boosted
* Lite version, stripped away many apps
* Tries to support as many languages as possible
* Real working Google Market

3. MOD based in Android 2.2

P.S. This MOD is install only on PocketDroid (Android 2.2). If you try to put it on PocketDroid Christmas White (Android 2.3) can be a malfunctioning device :(

maestrodan

Jan 29, 2012
Thank you very much, i hope this ROM supports russian language:)
and how i can install it on PocketDroid? What keys i must press to boot the installer from SD-card?

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
Yes, the Russian language there is.
I will have one request. If you have not yet pierced the device, then please make a copy of the factory env_uboot. There were some problems.
For a copy of the factory env_uboot. Do this:
Download the archive printenv.rar __http://ublaze.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=904__ or __http://www.mediafire.com/?7qa9py6txzllw65__
Extract the 3 files from the archive to the root of printenv.rar SD-card
run through the tablet script call.wmt! sh
after which you will find the backup file on your env_uboot SD-card
Open the file in notepad env_uboot and its contents, copy the subject.
More details here: __http://ublaze.ru/forum/ftopic1114-380.html__

Thanks in advance.

Endzoid

Jan 30, 2012
Thank you. I'll wait. This is my last hope. Otherwise you'll have to send back to China.
If you can, ask your dealer for the original firmware. Usually they send it without question.
I can not do this. I bought through several intermediaries. A technical support asked the order number, which I know have failed.