A Little Project

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
$Screenshot_2013-01-21-04-14-22.png

Voltage control but stock frequencies? Call it a battery saver ;) I call it an experiment. This is on 4.0.4. Once I get JB source I'll take this a little more seriously.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Nice man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you will get the JB source soon!!!!! XD

I am still figuring out how to deal with those code on your post :(

Anyway great work!!!!!!

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Nice man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you will get the JB source soon!!!!! XD

I am still figuring out how to deal with those code on your post :(

Anyway great work!!!!!!

Thanks, bro. Just a little something to whet the appetites. Getting around the frequency locks is harder, but I'm trying to figure it out. My contact keeps telling me that the JB source should be out already and is trying to figure out what's going on. Until then, I'm going to keep reading code and trying to get on top of it.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks, bro. Just a little something to whet the appetites. Getting around the frequency locks is harder, but I'm trying to figure it out. My contact keeps telling me that the JB source should be out already and is trying to figure out what's going on. Until then, I'm going to keep reading code and trying to get on top of it.

Your an INSPIRATION to us all!!!!! :cool:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Your an INSPIRATION to us all!!!!! :cool:

LOL So far I am just stealing code and trying to fit it in. I've got a long way to go before I understand the cpu locks. I'm about to log a bunch of kernel output to see which device we have. I know it's the T30SL, but I need ids for the code. The N7 is the T30L, so the cpu freq code can't be just lifted in.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Dude your the man. This is some great work your getting done. Once the jb source is released a few of us should join up and create a ROM fully themed ROM with as many tweaks as we can. I'm working on a few pretty cool mods my self but having a hard time with .smali. If your any good at editing .smali pm me or manybe we can even start a thread to help everyone learn how to mod and theme. I'm pretty good at making themes just smali is my enemy :mad:

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Dude your the man. This is some great work your getting done. Once the jb source is released a few of us should join up and create a ROM fully themed ROM with as many tweaks as we can. I'm working on a few pretty cool mods my self but having a hard time with .smali. If your any good at editing .smali pm me or manybe we can even start a thread to help everyone learn how to mod and theme. I'm pretty good at making themes just smali is my enemy :mad:

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

Sounds great. I've never heard of smali, though. I'm trying to wade through the kernel code. I thought I came up with a big step and now the kernel won't compile. Aaaargh!

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Sounds great. I've never heard of smali, though. I'm trying to wade through the kernel code. I thought I came up with a big step and now the kernel won't compile. Aaaargh!

Here is one mod I'm working on.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692080
Add screenshot to power menu.
I'm pretty close.
Also adding reboot, hot reboot and reboot bootloader to power menu.

Thats why if we all team up on a ROM we would all have our own things to bring to the table.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
LOL So far I am just stealing code and trying to fit it in. I've got a long way to go before I understand the cpu locks. I'm about to log a bunch of kernel output to see which device we have. I know it's the T30SL, but I need ids for the code. The N7 is the T30L, so the cpu freq code can't be just lifted in.

Really? There is T30SL? Do you know what is the main different between T30SL and T30L? I read some article online and saw T30SL consumes less power than T30L, but not sure if this is true or not...

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Here is one mod I'm working on.
[HOW TO] Add screenshot option in power menu for every rom - xda-developers
Add screenshot to power menu.
I'm pretty close.
Also adding reboot, hot reboot and reboot bootloader to power menu.

Thats why if we all team up on a ROM we would all have our own things to bring to the table.

I'm trying to get on top of the kernel, but it's kicking my butt right now. Adding enough N7 code seems to screw up the configuration eventually. For some reason the drivers get mixed up and the source won't compile. Last night I swapped some variables to make the A2109 look like an overclocked N7, but it should have only affected the cpu frequency code. I don't understand it. Then once I get the kernel working, I have to deal with an installer...

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Really? There is T30SL? Do you know what is the main different between T30SL and T30L? I read some article online and saw T30SL consumes less power than T30L, but not sure if this is true or not...

If I remember I'll take a look. The frequency steppings are a little confusing, but there is a max millivolt value for each cpu type.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm trying to get on top of the kernel, but it's kicking my butt right now. Adding enough N7 code seems to screw up the configuration eventually. For some reason the drivers get mixed up and the source won't compile. Last night I swapped some variables to make the A2109 look like an overclocked N7, but it should have only affected the cpu frequency code. I don't understand it. Then once I get the kernel working, I have to deal with an installer...

Good, I am glad I am not the only one to want to look into over clocking, I have added more schedulers and governors, I had also added N7 OC code to my source, the kernel builts, but wouldn't boot, the problem is not knowing exactly what files needed to be edited.

common files need to be changed like.

tegra3_clocks.c
tegra3_dvfs.c

Then perhaps these files

tegra3_speedo.c
cpu-tegra3.c
cpu-tegra.c
cpufreq.c

and then it gets into the unknown

I can't find any documentations on it.

Anyway glad to see you have the same interests.

I am building a JB kernel, you are building ICS kernel?

PS, what do you mean by installer? Perhaps I can help you, if you are more specific on what this is and what you need.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I've been playing with an overclocking kernel for a month or so, maybe an average of 10 hours a week -- but really off-and-on, trying code from a number of different sources. I've been more interested in learning than delivering anything. And yeah, I've been working with the ICS code. I've learned a lot about the cpu freq tables, speedo ids, threshold indices, Kconfigs... geez, a lot in the time I've been playing around. I'm not about to shoehorn some N7 code into our source, cross my fingers, and publish it if it works without really understanding it.

In terms of an installer, I'm looking at code now that uses the Aroma installer to allow the user to select options for kernel variables. Then it plugs those into the cmdline option for kernel installation. But there pieces that I need to include to create a zip installer. I've got to figure out the ramdisk portion and the necessary scripting. I'd love to get your help with this, but right now I don't want to get distracted from the kernel. Maybe we can work in parallel? You could take the stock kernel and try to integrate an installer like Aroma, or something more basic, and add a variable or two to see if you can get that working.

I'm actually really close in terms of overclocking. I just had an epiphany when I woke up from a nap and I'm getting on it now.