A500 at WalMart

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Was at my local WalMart earlier today and was surprised to see a display case with the Acer A500 there, they had one in stock and the spot for the display was empty, they also had a slot for a 7" model. The price for the A500 was $449, same as BB.

At least another big box store picked up the Acer, so hopefully it will see more sales and longer lived support.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The 7-inch model of the Acer Iconia? How much and with what memory? Does it look the same?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
The 7-inch model of the Acer Iconia? How much and with what memory? Does it look the same?

Here you go: Acer Iconia Tab A100 - Full phone specifications It was announced at the same time as the A500 but it's not ready. I think it was originally supposed to run Honeycomb but if I've heard right, they've since changed their minds and will have it run Gingerbread. Went through the FTC a few weeks ago and should be for sale in a couple of months. It's on preorder in some countries already.

Last edited:

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
It was probably the A100, didn't recognize the model # they had on the tag, they didn't have any in stock, just an empty spot in the display with a tag that stated Acer Iconia 7", sorry I don't remember the price. I didn't see any accessories for either on the shelves next to the display, hopefully they will carry them too.

Last edited:

richmc

Jun 14, 2011
Posted this yesterday but it didn't show up. Local Walmart where the wife works had the new display up last Fri but nothing in stock. Tag said $356.39. Took a pic and went to the Best Buy down the street. They priced matched it. Guess I got lucky lol.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Here you go: Acer Iconia Tab A100 - Full phone specifications It was announced at the same time as the A500 but it's not ready. I think it was originally supposed to run Honeycomb but if I've heard right, they've since changed their minds and will have it run Gingerbread. Went through the FTC a few weeks ago and should be for sale in a couple of months. It's on preorder in some countries already.

FCC - not FTC, but you knew that.....

I like the way Acer is releasing products unlike Samsung and Moto.

They release what people want FIRST, instead of suckering everybody into a Carrier model, or a small screen model,
then forcing the user to eBay their first purchase so they can get what they really wanted all along.

There was a big pent-up demand for a 10 inch WiFi only tablet. People don't want to pay carrier charges for a tablet
that they will use predominantly at home or at school where WiFi is everywhere. Its no wonder the A500 outsold
all other tablets.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
FCC - not FTC, but you knew that.....

I like the way Acer is releasing products unlike Samsung and Moto.

They release what people want FIRST, instead of suckering everybody into a Carrier model, or a small screen model,
then forcing the user to eBay their first purchase so they can get what they really wanted all along.

There was a big pent-up demand for a 10 inch WiFi only tablet. People don't want to pay carrier charges for a tablet
that they will use predominantly at home or at school where WiFi is everywhere. Its no wonder the A500 outsold
all other tablets.

I did, but I was to lazy to edit. ;-) And I agree with your assessment; Acer seems to have done their homework and concentrated on the user experience - and good for them - and us.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Posted this yesterday but it didn't show up. Local Walmart where the wife works had the new display up last Fri but nothing in stock. Tag said $356.39. Took a pic and went to the Best Buy down the street. They priced matched it. Guess I got lucky lol.

That's a beautiful thing!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk