A500 Bought from China, useless software,how to remove it?

Babuger

Aug 9, 2011
Hello,
I just bought Acer ICONIA a500. I am from europe, but now I am living for some time in China. So here I decide to buy a500, to organize my files and to have some fun when I am free. But I have this problem - There are no useful apps on the tablet, I have some strange chinese programs that I don't need, but they come with the tablet. So I want to remove them or, to reinstall everything with more useful NORMAL programs, the programs you have when you buy a tablet from America or Europe.
Thank you.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Hello,
I just bought Acer ICONIA a500. I am from europe, but now I am living for some time in China. So here I decide to buy a500, to organize my files and to have some fun when I am free. But I have this problem - There are no useful apps on the tablet, I have some strange chinese programs that I don't need, but they come with the tablet. So I want to remove them or, to reinstall everything with more useful NORMAL programs, the programs you have when you buy a tablet from America or Europe.
Thank you.
No need to install a new rom... To remove any stock apps you would need to 'root' your a500 tab. Which is pretty simple.. The issue is if you don't have those stock apps or files, any OTA (over-the-air) updates your tablet might receive might not install properly.. But if you backup a copy of the .apk to your PC, & then remove it, you can later install it and the updates should work.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
New ROM is the equivalent of throwing the baby out with the bath water.
As suggested, individual apps can be removed...with care.
Tread lightly.

horizonstar

Aug 9, 2011
And I see you have skipped over the down side and risks involved with that...

haha. But he asked to have an America or Europe NORMAL programs which leaves that the only option. Every stock rom has weired bloatwares. If he simply does not want to have the useless bloatwares in his Iconia, just buy the "Bloat Freeze" from the market and freeze them all.

princepapa

Jul 23, 2011
i would recommend a factory reset. when i did it on mine any additional software that came preinstalled (a few games) were removed. that might work for you.

Babuger

Aug 9, 2011
Thank you for your support. I am unable to do anything from the things you told me, becouse I'am a little bit noobie in android(Acer Iconia is my first Android Device). Also I have this problem, I try to get to Kernel menu(Turn on button and sound down) but there is an some kind of error. A android with "!" in triangle. And also Factory reset didn't change anything or deleting catche memory(Turn on&sound up, sliding rotation button many times). And ofcourse I am in china everything is in chinese, so the computer that I am using and the Aser Sinc...which is prity ugly. So when I go back to my county I will remove the program that I don't need. But how to make Kernel work properly?

redarrow75

Sep 5, 2011
So...the very first thing that you have to do is to root your device- without root access you wouldn't be able to do much. use google and find out how to root your device. then you have couple of options: you either install a custom rom which pretty much comes stripped off of bloatwares, unwanted programms or apps or (on you rooted device) install titanium backup pro from android market which has this option to uninstall system apps (apps integrated into the system which normally you cannot uninstall them the normal way). Hopefully this will help you.