acer A500 8GB from bestbuy Backordered

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
I ordered the Acer tablet from Best Buy at 11:00am on Nov. 27 (ship to store). It was originally supposed to be delivered to store by Dec. 5, but I received an email shortly after I placed my order saying that it would be shipped to store today (Dec. 13). I haven't received any more notifications from Best Buy or any shipping carrier saying that my item was being shipped to store, or has been received by the store. I just called Best Buy's 888 number, and the woman said it is backordered with no time estimate on when it will become available. My next step will be to call the store directly.

FWIW, if you received a notification that it was currently being shipped to store, you won't receive notification again until you get the email saying that it was ready to be picked up.

notta

Dec 13, 2011
FWIW, if you received a notification that it was currently being shipped to store, you won't receive notification again until you get the email saying that it was ready to be picked up.

I never received an email saying that it had actually been shipped to the store. The only email I received (after the email confirming my order) was the email that said my order pick up date has changed. But I have not received anything about shipping up to this point.

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
I never received an email saying that it had actually been shipped to the store. The only email I received (after the email confirming my order) was the email that said my order pick up date has changed. But I have not received anything about shipping up to this point.

OK, so that means it hasn't been shipped yet. If you look at my previous email, it looks like somewhere during the 2 hours between your order and mine, Best Buy ran out of stock in their warehouse. My original pick up date was supposed to have been the 5th as well, but when I got the shipping notification, it had been shipped on the 3rd. Since they shipped UPS ground, there would have been no way that my order would have been ready for pick up two days after it was shipped, especially since those two days were the weekend. I knew that it would have been delayed. In fact, I received an email from them on Wednesday the 7th saying that my pick up date had changed, but it didn't say when it was changed to. Then the next day, I received notification that my order was ready to be picked up.....2 of them by noon and then the 3rd one I received around 3 pm.

notta

Dec 13, 2011
OK, so that means it hasn't been shipped yet. If you look at my previous email, it looks like somewhere during the 2 hours between your order and mine, Best Buy ran out of stock in their warehouse. My original pick up date was supposed to have been the 5th as well, but when I got the shipping notification, it had been shipped on the 3rd. Since they shipped UPS ground, there would have been no way that my order would have been ready for pick up two days after it was shipped, especially since those two days were the weekend. I knew that it would have been delayed. In fact, I received an email from them on Wednesday the 7th saying that my pick up date had changed, but it didn't say when it was changed to. Then the next day, I received notification that my order was ready to be
picked up.....2 of them by noon and then the 3rd one I received around 3 pm.

Thanks for your messages, jseah. Correct, my item has not been shipped yet. I'm just wondering when I will finally receive it, considering that Best Buy is now saying that the product is backordered and they have absolutely no information about when it will become available again. I also called the store where I'm supposed to pick it up, and they said that because it was ordered online, there is nothing they can do on their end, and that I should be able to find out more information by calling Best Buy at the 888 number. However, having already called that number, I know they are no help at this point.

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
Thanks for your messages, jseah. Correct, my item has not been shipped yet. I'm just wondering when I will finally receive it, considering that Best Buy is now saying that the product is backordered and they have absolutely no information about when it will become available again. I also called the store where I'm supposed to pick it up, and they said that because it was ordered online, there is nothing they can do on their end, and that I should be able to find out more information by calling Best Buy at the 888 number. However, having already called that number, I know they are no help at this point.

Yeah, if you go to the website, it will say that calling customer service will do no good as they do not have any more information than what you can see online as to the status of the order. One consolation is that at least they do not charge you until the item has been received.

thholr

Dec 14, 2011
Ordered around 10am. Got an email saying it was on the way to the store on the 5th. Then on the 8th an email saying it was delayed and then an email on the 9th saying it was ready for pickup. Got my $10 egift card already as well. Very nice tablet for the money.

notta

Dec 13, 2011
Ordered around 10am. Got an email saying it was on the way to the store on the 5th. Then on the 8th an email saying it was delayed and then an email on the 9th saying it was ready for pickup. Got my $10 egift card already as well. Very nice tablet for the money.

Well, that gives me some hope that mine might show up soon. Thanks!

notta

Dec 13, 2011
I finally got an email from Best Buy saying that the tablet is out of stock and they are unable to obtain any more, but that they are offering another Acer tablet at the same price. So I called in to Best Buy, and they took my order for the same Acer 500 tablet, but I could choose either the 16GB or the 32GB versions (I chose the 32GB). I received a follow up email saying that my order is being processed, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that this one actually comes through. If it does, that's an awesome deal!

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
i don't think that the time spend and frustration it worth it...
it took me full 2 hours with 3 time that my call was dropped before i could reach the right agent to assist with the change...
and it's still unclear if i'll get the item in time or not.
i would have preferred getting the original item with a good customer support.

notta

Dec 13, 2011
I finally received my tablet yesterday (the 32GB version), and am very pleased with it so far! Thanks everyone for your input!