Acer Iconia A3-A10 rooting tool

mora

Dec 26, 2013
Hi all

Does anybody have experience with acer_iconia_toolkit_v0.8.1 for Iconia A3? I got this tablet in my hands only 2 days ago (from santa) and already now I am thinking that it must be rooted:).

But why? I have three users now for this tablet. Android has this feature that apps which are not pre mounted, must be mounted for each user. I use bluetooth keyboard, and because it's Scandinavian, I needed to buy one app to make it function correctly with all buttons. Of course other two users needs this BT keyboard too, but I don't want to buy this app three times for one tablet. So I want to solve this issue with Multi-User app which requires rooting. Also I don't want my hardware to run our of memory because same apps mounted for each user.

I'll appreciate help/advise, thanks in advance!

[EDIT] Or is there some other way to share app with users? My android is 4.2.2. I heard that with KitKat this could be possible. Problem with rooting is also warranty issue...

-mora

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mora, congratulations on your Iconia A3 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Tablets forum for you, more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Good luck!