AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" iMAPx210 supported in Spain

siz

Jul 16, 2011
I don't really know. Back at our forum the admin said it was manufactured by Infotmic, including the motherboard and so on.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
de verdad les trabaja la rotación automática? porque acá creeme que la he buscado y no hay por donde...

Sent from my Sytabex7 android tablet

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
de verdad les trabaja la rotación automática? porque acá creeme que la he buscado y no hay por donde...

Sent from my Sytabex7 android tablet
Translation - does really work them the auto rotation? because here believe me that I've searched and there is no where...

Where possible let's try and keep the discussion here in English as we've been offered assistance by several users on both sites to translate where needed. In comparing online translators specifically for "Castilian" Spanish bing Translator Powered by Microsoft® Translator seems to produce the best translation. Even better is to Compare Spanish to English translation between Google™ Translate, Microsoft® Translator and PROMT-Online all at the same time. Between the three results, you can often determine what is being presented.

The AIRIS site and forum bring us formal documentation and direct online communication with a supplier who, has "officially" confirmed several commonly asked questions in this forum. While the documentation and forum are in Spanish, with a little effort we can combine efforts to fill in some of the missing blanks and confirm the perceived issues.

Note: There may have been as many as 50,000 Airis Tablet One Pad 700's sold recently, so their user community has grown very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Its ok then cfrockit, i just wanted to see if your translator works, and it seem's thats working great; well, 90% accurate....

siz

Jul 16, 2011
Yes, the autorotation feature is working fine when we rotate the tablet in all four directions.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, the autorotation feature is working fine when we rotate the tablet in all four directions.
siz, thank you for the confirmation. If you have updated your tablet and rooted it would you or another AIRIS tablet owner assist us in confirming that a copy of the burned updated is saved in the mtd2 "resv" partition?

Once a tablet is manually updated we have found on another tablet a complete copy of the multi-part update file (.ius) is stored on a partition. By extracting the data from that partition a user could save the file for recovery if ever needed to burn the update again.

Some of this information was discussed starting around post #86 in the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...om-sylvania-rom-development-9.html#post105989 thread.

We have confirmed on another tablet the mtd2 "/dev/block/mtdblock2" partition is in some way a Recovery partition containing a complete InfoTM Update Wrap file which could be dumped and saved to use in case the device needs to be manually updated. We just need to ensure we keep the update file complete so it can be used with the InfoTM Update Wrap tools (IUW.exe).

Using either adb or Android Terminal Emulator could you obtain a copy of the mtd2 partition "resv" (mtdblock2) using the following command and post the resulting 128M for inspection?

Code:
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/mtd2.img bs=4096

If you aren't rooted or not interested or able to perform any assistance with obtaining from another AIRIS OnePad 700 tablet owner would be appreciated.

siz

Jul 16, 2011
cfrockit, I run the command you posted from the terminal emulator, because our tablet does not have support for usb connection with the pc. I think I have the file you asked for here (zipped it so I could upload it faster). Should you need anything else, I'd be glad to help in everything I can.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
cfrockit, I run the command you posted from the terminal emulator, because our tablet does not have support for usb connection with the pc. I think I have the file you asked for here (zipped it so I could upload it faster). Should you need anything else, I'd be glad to help in everything I can.

siz, Thank you! Android Terminal Emulator works well or adbWireless to run adb from PC without USB.

The mtd2.img that you were able to extract is NOT an InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file as previously found or expected but zSYS.img which is SYSBACK or the recovery file system.

Code:
# cat proc/mtd

dev:    size   erasesize  name
 mtd0: 00200000 00080000 "ramdisk"
 mtd1: 00600000 00080000 "kernel"
 mtd2: 08000000 00080000 "resv" [COLOR=#0000ff]< 128 MB contains zSYS.img and padding (xffff)[/COLOR]
 mtd3: 0c000000 00080000 "system"
 mtd4: 3d800000 00080000 "userdata"
 mtd5: 04000000 00080000 "cache"
 mtd6: 1ff00000 00080000 "Local-disk"
 mtd7: 00100000 00080000 "panic"

This may be due to what method was used to update the tablet. One tablet was updated Over The Air (OTA) using the "Update Check" in the Settings application and the other tablet was manually updated using a micro SD card.

Very interesting! More to investigate on how infoTM programmed "factor reset (three finger method)".

Last edited:

siz

Jul 16, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the clock's speed having the BogoMips. Thing is I run cat /proc/cpuinfo and wanted to know our tablet's speed (as we are having some problems with that matter). I know it would have to be something like:

Speed = BogoMips / X

But I don't know the X number or how to find it out. Does anyone know about it?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the clock's speed having the BogoMips. Thing is I run cat /proc/cpuinfo and wanted to know our tablet's speed (as we are having some problems with that matter). I know it would have to be something like:

Speed = BogoMips / X

But I don't know the X number or how to find it out. Does anyone know about it?

#dmesg
Code:
<5>Linux version 2.6.32.9 (neville@neville-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #16 Wed Feb 25 15:33:59 CST 2015
<4>CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [4117b365] revision 5 (ARMv6TEJ), cr=00c5387f
<4>CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
<4>Machine: IMAPX200
<4>Ignoring unrecognised tag 0x00000000
<4>Ignoring unrecognised tag 0x54410008
<4>Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
<7>On node 0 totalpages: 65536
<7>free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c0493a34, node_mem_map c055b000
<7>  Normal zone: 512 pages used for memmap
<7>  Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
<7>  Normal zone: 65024 pages, LIFO batch:15
<4>CPU IMAPX200 (id 0x13ab2000)
<6>IMAP Clocks, (c) 2009 Infotm Micro Electronics
<6>iMAPx200: 67108864 bytes SDRAM reserved for memalloc at 0x4102c000
<4>IMAP Power Management, Copyright 2010 Infotm
<4>Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping off.  Total pages: 65024
<5>Kernel command line: console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xeef07901 hwver=11.2.0.6
<6>PID hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
<6>Dentry cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
<6>Inode-cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
<6>Memory: 256MB = 256MB total
<5>Memory: 188416KB available (4188K code, 993K data, 128K init, 0K highmem)
<6>SLUB: Genslabs=11, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
<6>Hierarchical RCU implementation.
<6>NR_IRQS:128
<4>Console: colour dummy device 80x30
<7>FOUND calc 114583, divisor 36
<6>console [ttySAC3] enabled
[B]<6>Calibrating delay loop... 789.70 BogoMIPS (lpj=1974272)[/B]
Continued output . . . Custom Sylvania ROM development.

siz, Can you post your dmesg output for comparison and cat /proc/cmdline?

siz

Jul 16, 2011
cfrockit, I run the commands you posted and saved te output to a text file. Thing is, my dmesg is not similar in any way to yours.

dmesg output

Also, this is cat /proc/cmdline 's output:
Code:
console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal hwver=0.2.1.8 androidboot.mode=normal

Hope this helps

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
cfrockit, I run the commands you posted and saved te output to a text file. Thing is, my dmesg is not similar in any way to yours.

dmesg output

Also, this is cat /proc/cmdline 's output:
Code:
console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal hwver=0.2.1.8 androidboot.mode=normal

Hope this helps
siz, thank you the more information we know the more we can compare. Yes it helps! I'll ask you again to run the command after you start the tablet. It must have a buffer and overwrites the initial boot messages. So turn off your tablet, turn back on, enter Android Terminal Emulator and run the command. You should then get output similar to the dmesg output posted.

Code:
$dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg_outputfile

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Here you go, the second dmesg output. As you said, this time it does look a bit like yours.
siz, Thanks again!

Different NAND chips, another reason not to attempt burning to different hardware.

AIRIS OnePad 700
Code:
<6>iMAPx200 NAND MTD Driver (c) 2009,2014 InfoTM
<6>Method: IRQ(1), DMA(1), SECC(0), DEC.RDY, CRCD++
<4>NAND ID: ec d5 84
<4>Assigned as K9GAG08U0E
<6>NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0xd5 ([B]Samsung K9GAG08U0E[/B])
<6>Scanning device for bad blocks
<5>[B]cmdlinepart partition parsing not available[/B]
<3>iMAPx200 NAND: nr_part is 0
<3>[B]iMAPx200 NAND: Get cmdline partitions failed, using default.[/B]
<5>[B]Creating 8 MTD partitions on "imapx200"[/B]:

Sylvania SYNET7LP
Code:
<6>iMAPx200 NAND MTD Driver (c) 2009,2014 InfoTM
<6>Method: IRQ(1), DMA(1), SECC(0), DEC.RDY, CRCD++
<4>NAND ID: ad d5 94
<4>Assigned as H27UAG8T2ATR
<6>NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xd5 ([B]Hynix H27UAG8T2ATR[/B])
<6>Scanning device for bad blocks
<5>[B]Creating 8 MTD partitions on "H27UAG8T2ATR"[/B]:

idiazabal

Jul 23, 2011
I already checked and read the complete forum regarding the new version that they have (my main language is spanish altought), and they described similar porblems like the one's that we have in our tablets, the airis looks exactly like ours (Sytabex7). the same specs like the Mini tablet express without the hdmi connector, and they also trying to fix the flash player.apk, the only way to install that update is via an sd card, they can install a keyboard and a mouse, they also have the wifi problem too, but?? i really dont know if the sytabex7 the mini tablet express could received that os update, i didnt find anyone talking regarding the autorotate on the screen they never mentioned anything regarding that. What i cant not believe if the autorotate .apk or alike have to get some harwdware inside to work?? i really believe that over here we are a big step forward from them, without disregarding their situation of course; they also have a "good" collection of links to workables .apk that runs over our tabs,

Hello, I'm one of those users of that tablet you've mentioned here and, no, we haven't said anything about the autorotate option because it goes moreless well. Although to say the truth I put it on for a short period of time and off anew because my daugther was not confortable with it. But it worked fine.

As for what you say over needing some hardware... as I know the tablet has Gsensor of something like that. In fact it has and option for calibrate it in the options menu.

I hope we both can benefit with our respective experiences with our tablets.

About the rom available put by the firm, as I know this is the "new" version (although I haven't try to change anything still. I'm new absolutely in tablets and am looking a little bit before making roms changes and so on.)

In the forum appeared a individual that seemed to know a lot more as he and a group were working with roms for Galaxy and so on. He said his work took also all his time but left his twitter acount for more acquintances (perhaps he worked in that actualization, but I don't know for sure. This is the man: https://github.com/superatmel )

Anyway, that Airis tablet is new in Spain and released just now in the market. I hope it would develop quickly as it was released with one of the main newspaper sellers all over the country and distributed some 50.000 units. Let's hope it would lead to some develop