AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" iMAPx210 supported in Spain

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I hope we both can benefit with our respective experiences with our tablets.

About the rom available put by the firm, as I know this is the "new" version (although I haven't try to change anything still. I'm new absolutely in tablets and am looking a little bit before making roms changes and so on.)

In the forum appeared a individual that seemed to know a lot more as he and a group were working with roms for Galaxy and so on. He said his work took also all his time but left his twitter acount for more acquintances (perhaps he worked in that actualization, but I don't know for sure. This is the man: https://github.com/superatmel )

Anyway, that Airis tablet is new in Spain and released just now in the market. I hope it would develop quickly as it was released with one of the main newspaper sellers all over the country and distributed some 50.000 units. Let's hope it would lead to some develop

Welcome! Yes we hope collaboration with the 50,000+ AIRIS tablet users can bring more solutions, development of fixes, customization, and knowledge to benefit both communities.

We need more assistance in programming and development, so I looked for the user you suggested on Twitter and found Super@tmel (superatmel) however, all tweets are in Spanish. Could you suggest they start posting both English and Spanish using Twinslator: Translate your twitter's tweets? Also please invite them to join the discussion on androidtables.net and xda-developers.

siz

Jul 16, 2011
Thing is, we haven't seen superatmel back at the forum for a while now.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting post by AIRIS support today that they are in possession of an update and awaiting InfoTMIC to release.

by AIRIS today at 10: 20 foro.airis.es/t1357p150-importante-nuevo-enlace-a-ultima-version-de-software-disponible#16028 - Translator
On the new version of software... the last published is 2.2. I already have a long 2.5 and yet we do not give it as final and we are waiting for a new version from Infotmic. As we have one that we can make public we will let you know. Please be patient.

The AIRIS versions have moved from Android 2.2 firmware versions - original release 1.5, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 (not released), 2.2 (current released version) , 2.3 mentioned but not released, and now 2.5 is being discussed.

Sylvania has been very sloppy in their naming conventions for firmware versions as seen on the EX7 beta 4 that is displayed as firmware version "DG2.2.1-7b1".

While the AIRIS updates do NOT work on the Sylvania tablets it gives insight that an update may be released for some InfoTMIC devices.

PS. My Spanish is slowly improving but I still need the assistance of an online translator.

EXTRA - For those that like to take things apart especially when you crack the screen here is a video tearing down the AIRIS One Pad 700.

Last edited by a moderator:

siz

Jul 16, 2011
The AIRIS versions have moved from Android 2.2 firmware versions - original release 1.5, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 was not released, 2.2, 2.3 mentioned but not released.
Actually, AIRIS' 2.2 version of the Android 2.2(froyo) firmware was released. It's the one many of us are using at the moment.
Regards

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Actually, AIRIS' 2.2 version of the Android 2.2(froyo) firmware was released. It's the one many of us are using at the moment.
Regards
Thanks, AIRIS Admin "Angel" posted more details of the versions and that they are also testing/running version 2.5 firmware (Android 2.2).
Translated -
Version 2.5 I have is dated 28/09, the 2.4 from 19/09, the 2.3 from 28/08... It is true that since makes 1 month I'm waiting for another version to solve the issue of the market (is not the only order change, but the most important) but this time explained because there was by half a holiday period, we are immersed in a few more projects... If there are no precise dates it is because we don't know and because once we have them, then I have "fine" does not comply with the indicated day.

Comment - How can AIRIS continue to support refinements in firmware and none made public for Sylvania/disgo?

Request - siz, could you please post your results from the following command. I'm still interested the in layout of the system.img. Thank you!

Code:
#cat /proc/yaffs

Last edited: