all honeycomb frustrations

scottkamp

Mar 28, 2012
i am not big on forums but i am less big on the support line i have been on non-stop since thehoneycomb update.
but i am a logical thinker and would appreciate anyone listing here any problems they have had with the update -big or small- so that i can deduce what's going on with mine

my biggest issue is a screen distortion...even now a section of about five inches by two inches in the center top ofany web page with text shifts up about an inch...the cursor flashes in both where it is and where it should be locations

i cannot use the gmail app since the update

lol...my screen just shifted left instead ofvup now

i often get lack of memory errors when downloading apps till i use a utility to kill unused apps and clear cache
and some screen displays are cut off on the left

of course i get thw double boot up issue i have seen othrs mention

but it is troublesome huntong for each symptom so help me out and post your problems and i'll stay om the phone with support

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Check the forum for the g mail problem, you have to set it up in set up. there is a post on it somewhere. My unit has all those problems and it seems the biggest cure for them is clearing the cache. I put on clear cache and task killer and they seem to work at speeding up the thing. The constant rebooting is getting REALLY old. Vizio needs to check into these bugs.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
I had all these problems did a factory reset then rebooted and it fixed everything and now my tab runs like this

Last edited by a moderator:

mburwen

Mar 1, 2012
I am, for the most part, happy with the Honeycomb upgrade. Peerformance is definitely better and bluetooth accessories are enabled. What I don't like is the home screen which will not permit you to put bookmarks on it. Instead of the Honeycomb home screen, I'm using LauncherPro which allows you to put practically anything on a home screen.

I am still very unhappy with the Remote Control application which I find virtually useless. Supposedly it got a "major upgrade" installed with the Honeycomb upgrade, but I don't see any difference.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am still very unhappy with the Remote Control application which I find virtually useless. Supposedly it got a "major upgrade" installed with the Honeycomb upgrade, but I don't see any difference.

I think the major upgrade was that they fixed it again after the previous update broke it.