Ampe A90 Touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Allwinner A10 Based' started by LocalJ, Jun 28, 2012.

1. LocalJ

LocalJ Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ampe A90
    Hello. New here , trying to find any help possible. I flashed the wrong firmware on my tab and after i flashed back to proper fw the touchscreen doesnt respond. Can use the tablet with a usb mouse and everything else works great, but without touch its useless really. When i try to flash original fw I get ROOTFS fail. Can anyone help?

2. KillerKink

KillerKink Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Teclast P76ti
    Which firmware did you flash? There are a couple of them( i believe ainol/onda) out there which update the touchscreen firmwares and if you do not have the same touchscreen will mess it up.

3. LocalJ

LocalJ Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ampe A90
    It was the one for their new A10 10" tablet. Android 4.0.4. . My stupid mistake. Once i realized it i tried to flash back to ver 1.1 . But no luck. I dont think it could have messed up the touch controller, its just a fw update. But what i think is that somewhere in the hidden partition for the system the wrong driver is installed thats why i get the ROOTFS FAIL. I dont really know im not a genius with these sort of things. Pretty new to android, just a phone and this tab. If it were windows i could just wipe the whole drive and start from scratch.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. KillerKink

KillerKink Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Teclast P76ti
    Well. It true. I know of at least two livesuite-based ROM which will write low-level data into the touchscreen firmware but its only certain release. So I do not recommend that anyone trying out that luck in flashing a similar/look alike ROM. In your case though, I guess its a misjudgement.

5. LocalJ

LocalJ Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ampe A90
    Yeah I screwed up. At least its under warranty and i can send it back for a new one. Might be forever to get it back though.