Android ics question

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It depends on the tablet. Many of the ASUS Transformers are being shipped with ICS. Some Samsung tablets have been able to uprade as have some ACER tablets. Not all the manufacturers have adapted ICS for all their models yet. But when they do you should be able to upgrade. Over the air.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Also, if you root the tablet and find a custom ROM for the specific tablet, you can get ICS before the OEM puts it out.

Leeshor - I think the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) is the only Samsung Tablet with ICS, have you heard of any others?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Also, if you root the tablet and find a custom ROM for the specific tablet, you can get ICS before the OEM puts it out.

Leeshor - I think the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) is the only Samsung Tablet with ICS, have you heard of any others?

I seem to remember seeing info on one other Samsung getting the OTA upgrade but don't remember the model. What I rem,ember may actually have been the announcement but I think not.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Do we get ICS as an OS if we buy any new Tablet, or do we have to update it..?

Many low-end tablets are not supported by their manufacturers for upgrades. Those manufacturers simply release a new model of the tablet with the new version of Android on it.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk