Android Market for 7024

vorta84

Apr 24, 2011
Install Z4Root

Run it. Even though it doesn't do a full root it does enough for the Market.

Install Root Explorer

Go to this website

http://fileape.com/?act=download&id=bbxlSLJddQ5DnT4y&g=1

download the zip file to your computer

Extract the zip file

Copy all the aps that are in the system/App folder to your SDCARD

Use root explorer and move just the apps into

/System/App

Shutdown the device turn it back on

You will have the Market

It is the older market but once it connects to the internet it will auto update to the latest one.

Enjoy :)

Jason

Last edited:

vorta84

Apr 24, 2011
Great let me know how it works out for you. I got this device about a week and was determined to get the market working on it. I have had a Driod X since it came out and I have learned alot from it. Best part about this is no loading custom rom :)

RipplingHurst

Mar 3, 2011
Very cool info. It's my first android device, I can't wait to do it. I just want to install tasker really - that's the app that made me buy an Android; but a direct download doesn't work. I think tasker requires more permissions?

So I'm trying the above, I have run z4root (permanent root), blank screen, reboot. Than I'm struggling to find a way to download and install root explorer. Can't install a safe place to download it from, lots of questionable (for me) sources out there (eg. I navigate to this, with my 7024, but where should I click to install it? :)).

I'll get there eventually, thanks for this!

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Thank you!!! I was able to install the market with this post :)
I have no experience on android, this is my first tablet...
In the beginning I had some trouble with the root explorer (it couldn't open), but I tried to install a different version and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdzz

Apr 6, 2011
I followed those directions, and I have the Market installed, but whenever I try to install any apps from the Market, the download hangs at "Starting download..."
The downloads never progress from there. I've tried this using two different Wi-Fi routers. Any ideas?

Luca Brasi

Mar 26, 2011
I followed those directions, and I have the Market installed, but whenever I try to install any apps from the Market, the download hangs at "Starting download..."
The downloads never progress from there. I've tried this using two different Wi-Fi routers. Any ideas?

You've gotten farther than i have, when i push the market icon it just goes back to my dashboard.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Someone plz help, How can i restore my tablet?

You tried this on a Coby MID7024?

Have you tried restoring to factory default? I think its volume down + power button to get to the restore menu. If not volume down try volume up. I don't have my tablet handy at the moment.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I did as instructed but after rebooting i cant find the Icons for the Android Market. What i did is run APK Install and install the 4 apk included. I was not able to install NetworkLocation.apk but the rest installed. I now have Android Market and browse/download some free stuffs.

The weird thing is that it shows downloading but the progress indicator is not showing the percentage download and just notify me that its already installed after a few minutes. I also dont know if the Market App was updated as indicated in the procedure.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I did as instructed but after rebooting i cant find the Icons for the Android Market. What i did is run APK Install and install the 4 apk included. I was not able to install NetworkLocation.apk but the rest installed. I now have Android Market and browse/download some free stuffs.

The weird thing is that it shows downloading but the progress indicator is not showing the percentage download and just notify me that its already installed after a few minutes. I also dont know if the Market App was updated as indicated in the procedure.

You don't install the apps you copy them into /System/App/ folder. Than reboot the tablet and they should appear. You might need to uninstall the ones you installed than copy the apps from your SD card.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
You tried this on a Coby MID7024?

Have you tried restoring to factory default? I think its volume down + power button to get to the restore menu. If not volume down try volume up. I don't have my tablet handy at the moment.

Power+ Down Does not do anything, Power+UP brings me "System Upgrade activated" And then to a 2 answer menu, "CAN NOT FIND ANY UPDATE IMAGE", PRESS MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP KEY TO INIT SD CARD, PRESS BACK/KEY_VOLUMEDOWN TO CANCEL!" And thats it, Am i doing it right? DO i shut it down and then hold the power and UP button?