Any way to undo Honeycomb upgrade?

tspin818

Dec 17, 2011
Is there any way to go back to Gingerbread? Ever since upgrade my vtab is just to frustrating to use anymore. Slow, unresponsive, really has gone from a great tablet to something I don't want to use anymore.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nope, no way to go back at this time. Maybe you should try a factory reset. It should run faster after the update.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I did a factory reset and it seemed to have gotten rid of the last of my oddities. Factory reset will wipe the data from the internal storage and reset the built in apps. It does not reset the OS in any way shape or form

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, factory reset not to roll back the OS to Gingerbread but to make the update run better if it is running sluggish. Honeycomb should be faster than Gingerbread based on the overall response here.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I am getting use to the new look and it is faster. I still can not get sirus to download or flash 11 and the stock browser crashes every time. I instaledl foxfire and it works great even got adblocker on it. WSJ now downloads, it would not before. All in all the upgrade is a wash. Faster, but buggy as hell. Has anyone gotten Skype to work with video?

tspin818

Dec 17, 2011
I did a factory reset and then reloaded all my aps. It helped speed it up a little, but it is still buggy as heck. I had to sideload flash11 to get flash games to work. All in all still not to happy with it.

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
I see i'm not the only one....

Mine has turned so slow it's almost unusable. I haven't touched it since the update it pissed me off so badly.

Guess i need to try the factory reset.

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
I have found the HC update improves the tablets performance and the battery life also seems better. Also seems easy to use.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I'm one of the Vtab users who HC has greatly improved my tablets functions and speed. HC has been a huge upgrade but I do understand some have had some issues.

Jim

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Really is this a JOKE.....HONEYCOMB is great and I think we own a great thanks to VIZIO for excellent support and the effort they give all VIZIO USERS to help us.

tspin818

Dec 17, 2011
Really is this a JOKE.....HONEYCOMB is great and I think we own a great thanks to VIZIO for excellent support and the effort they give all VIZIO USERS to help us.

Not really sure why you would think it was a JOKE when their are so many people on the forum who are having problems with the update. The upgrade worked great for some, so so for others like myself,
and caused huge problems for others. Vizio customer service is good, but they need to push another update quickly to fix the problems people are having. Amazon responded within weeks on my wife's
Kindle Fire and fixed the problems she was having. If Vizio wants to compete they need to be as responsive as that.

Cleny95

Dec 10, 2011
I also have not had any issues with the update made this tablet almost a laptop replacement.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk