APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

mingnon

Aug 18, 2010
Hi Rodster

I got the Nupad arriving in 2 days, do you know how i can rip the rom to upgrade the g10, and upload it for other g10 users since its supposedly android 2.2?

thanks
just looked at the nupad on the pandawill site, that certainly doesnt look like android 2.2 on the video, its suspiciously like 2.1, have a look at post #18 BLUETOOTH support ????

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Hey rb94301, unfortunately I do not know how to rip ROMS but it would be great if and when you do work it out :) I'm all new to this Android stuff....

guardian94tj

Oct 2, 2010
Please help. I have tried multiple .rar files followed the directions on page 40 and the problem I am having is I can't Add File in FWDN.exe.
-I used WinRAR to extract files to C:,
-changed Wifi selectMac Address to 0x2059A0 and Nic 0x031468, Apply,
-select lkhaina.rom file... press add and nothing drops down.

Since the unit (HaiPad 2.1 Mid701) will not perform a factory reset, i am flashing the rom from 329 to 370.

Thanks

Just change all the names of the folder in English or just remove any chinese or japanese names and it will work.

rb94301

Sep 12, 2010
Hey rb94301, unfortunately I do not know how to rip ROMS but it would be great if and when you do work it out :) I'm all new to this Android stuff....

No problems i'm also new to android, i have read the findings that the nupad is a scam thankfully i didn't buy it a close friend did and will be checking it out, will let everyone know
also a great website with all the FIRMWARES and tools to change boot images etc, and unpack the img files.

http://apad.gen-x.co.nz/index.php

jminie

Oct 2, 2010
Hello, im rather new to the haipad... I have flashed to #98 but I cannot root my device. I follow the instructions but it always says device not found, can someone provide us with a tutorial on how to root haipad using adb? Or how to install the FWN drivers on win 7?

jminie

Oct 2, 2010
Right now im flashing with usb boot mode for #133 rom. Anyone know how to root this version yet?

Will give a review on #133, so far new thing i notice is the funky looking animal wearing a penguin mask. Cool so far!

Last edited:

jminie

Oct 2, 2010
#133 Review:

So far i notice that the screen is even more responsive now from #98. The keyboard responds alot better, prob since it has more memory free because it doesnt have launcher pro or 3d gallery to deal with. Wifi works with no problems so far.

Game like wave blazer, 15s survival v3, iron sight, speed forge 3d, Zenonia and speedx 3d (v1.0.7) run great now and look smooth.

Have something called dev tools included with #133 which is nice for developing. It still had the home icon on the top bar for easy access to your home. The market place works well and like everyone said the china icons are gone from the menu freeing up some more room. I suggest using auto memory manager on aggressive setting, just make sure to all your most used apps like aim,facebook and alarm clock to the white list.

With #98 I would have about 50mb free ram after rebooting and using kill apps. With #133 I have 70mb free ram so thats a plus. I will let you know if I have any battery issues with this version.

Does anyone know how to root this version? I would like to get setcpu and saving apps to the sd card working.

Last edited:

TheTrueJay20

Sep 27, 2010
@TheTrueJay20

Look at post 71:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-wiipad-slim-plus-haipad-m701-8.html#post5360

and try to update with FWDN mode!

Good luck!

Thank you, you are the first person to even lend a helping hand!! But I guess I had the styleflying version and didn't know it because in the system info and didn't saying anything about it. But I found a post on pandawill that fixed it!! Here is the link for people in the future

it is impossible to update firmware of G10. - Gpad - MID/Tablet PC - Pandawill Forum Powered by our member! - Powered by Discuz!

Last edited:

gen_sis

Oct 1, 2010
Guys, need some help....I wanted to backup my firmware so that i can revert back to it if updating fails.
I keep searching the net to find a tutorial on how to do this using adb, but still cant

Based on the about device here are the details

Model: MID
F/W: Android 2.2-update1 ----- based on some comments this is a potential hack , no 2.2-update1 firmware
Kernel : 2.6.29 root@localhost #118
Build: 1.1

The reason i wanted to rip the roms is to share it here and finally get you guys see if this is indeed a hack
Also, if its indeed a hack, i want to back it up, and try to update to the latest version, if case the latest version fails i can always go back to the hack version.

Any tutorial/help is appreciated!!