Archo 70 2.2 Tablet; Recommend?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by dennisg, Mar 28, 2011.

1. dennisg

dennisg Member

Tablet / Device:
    maxtouch 3g
    I am thinking about buying the Archo 70 2.2 Color Tablet. My second choice is to just buy the Nook for an eReader and other capabilities. I read many reviews and on the whole they were good. I also found out that you can get apps from the Android Market with a couple of tweaks of the software.

So with this said, is this a reliable and recommended tablet and what are some of the issues that have been experienced using this model.

If recommended, is there any places to buy this model at a beeter price?

Thanks!

Dennis G ;)

2. eveninstar

eveninstar Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Eris
    I've had my Archos 70 for a couple of months now and I have been very pleased. It's main function is for reading. Android market loads very easy. I've not had any problems yet. I would highly recommend the Archos 70.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

3. gurgle

gurgle Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    There were some early Quality issues which have since been resolved. That is why you may see some major problems from a few individuals who purchased in Nov-Dec. This was sort of hit and miss. I know two people who have recently purchased and are quite happy.

The Nook and NC is less expensive, but to make it a Tab, you immediately void the warranty.I am not discounting the Nook or NC, but it is a big gotcha. I have my 101/16 and am quite happy.
    On Archos Gen8, there may or may not be an upgrade to 2.3/2.4 Android. I do not see it as an issue if it will do all the things I want it to do. Thus far, I think Archos fulfills this well.