Archo 70 2.2 Tablet; Recommend?

dennisg

Mar 27, 2011
I am thinking about buying the Archo 70 2.2 Color Tablet. My second choice is to just buy the Nook for an eReader and other capabilities. I read many reviews and on the whole they were good. I also found out that you can get apps from the Android Market with a couple of tweaks of the software.

So with this said, is this a reliable and recommended tablet and what are some of the issues that have been experienced using this model.

If recommended, is there any places to buy this model at a beeter price?

Thanks!

Dennis G ;)

eveninstar

Jan 11, 2011
I've had my Archos 70 for a couple of months now and I have been very pleased. It's main function is for reading. Android market loads very easy. I've not had any problems yet. I would highly recommend the Archos 70.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There were some early Quality issues which have since been resolved. That is why you may see some major problems from a few individuals who purchased in Nov-Dec. This was sort of hit and miss. I know two people who have recently purchased and are quite happy.

The Nook and NC is less expensive, but to make it a Tab, you immediately void the warranty.I am not discounting the Nook or NC, but it is a big gotcha. I have my 101/16 and am quite happy.
On Archos Gen8, there may or may not be an upgrade to 2.3/2.4 Android. I do not see it as an issue if it will do all the things I want it to do. Thus far, I think Archos fulfills this well.