Archos 7 Vs Coby Kyros

Loca

Dec 23, 2010
My Boyfriend is getting me one of these, but I don't know which is best someone please help

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I hope he is getting you the Kyros over the Archos 7. The 7 is a frozen mammoth, an icicle, a frozen treat. It is functional. It was introduced early this year. But it is not able to be updated or improved. The Kyros on the other hand is a new introduction and may have a brighter future.
If he got you an Archos 70, and not a 7 then you should be pleased. The difference between the 70 and 7 are like a 1999 Honda Civic and a 2010 Honda Accord. The Kyros is not a bad unit. It just does not have the buzz the 70 has. The Kyros may be a really good unit, only time will tell.

Happy Holidays

mangobob79

Dec 12, 2010
yeah im havin the same dilemna, thanks for this, i just might spring fo rthe archos70 internet tablet , that should be better than the kyros i believe

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
agreed on the 7 vs 70 analogy. They should come up with a better naming methodology. It would probably save a lot of people a lot of confusion.

Shoden

Apr 13, 2011
GET THE KOBY.
I OWN BOTH, THE KOBY IS MORE USER FRIENDLY, HAS AN ACCELEROMETER (SCREE CHANCHES DIRECTION WITH MOVEMENT) THE ARCHOS7 DOESN'T HAVE IT. ALSO THE SCREEN SENSOR OF BETTER WITH THE KOBY, WITH THE ARCHOS7 IT IS HARD TO TAPE ACCURATE, AND IT DOESN'T ACCEPT MULTI-TOUCH.
TO DOWNLOAD BOOKS, THE KOBY IS BETTER SINCE IT DOESN'T REQUEST AN EXTRA MEMORY CARD TO STORE THEM. tHE ARCHOS7 DOES.

GET THE KOBY

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I also would get the Coby. For what its worth, I found the tech support much better and more responsive than Archos. Someday you may need this...