Archos 70 vs Coby MID7022 vs Elocity A7

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
What tablet would you guys say is the best out of the three? I know the Elocity has a Tegra 2, and the Archos 70 only have 256mb ram. What one is the best?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
What tablet would you guys say is the best out of the three? I know the Elocity has a Tegra 2, and the Archos 70 only have 256mb ram. What one is the best?

256 MB ram just isn't enough. Elocity has a resistive screen I believe. Honestly a dual core has been fully utilized yet. All will be outdated in a yr.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
256 MB ram just isn't enough. Elocity has a resistive screen I believe. Honestly a dual core has been fully utilized yet. All will be outdated in a yr. Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum
The ElOcity has a capacitive screen - JR.com - Server Error none of them are good, what would you recommend me buying for under $250 used?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have heard many good things about about the Coby and given its price I don't really see how you could go wrong. Of course it doesn't matter how much a person spends today there will be a better tablet out tomorrow. Lucky for me I don't let that worry me.
I think the Coby is under $200 new.
Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
I think I am gonna go for the eLocity, it has a Tegra 2, a capacitive touch screen, and 512mb ram. Plus I can get it for $150 at the moment.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
At one point in time Amazon implied it was going to sell the elocity with a custom app store. The listing on Amazon was removed long ago, and this was before they had introduced the Amazon app store. I remember being quite impressed with the specs of the device.

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
At one point in time Amazon implied it was going to sell the elocity with a custom app store. The listing on Amazon was removed long ago, and this was before they had introduced the Amazon app store. I remember being quite impressed with the specs of the device.

Yes, the specs are quite impressive for the price, and I will probably root it anyways.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I would go with the eLocity right now. Price and features make it most current. I like Archos, but that said, I would not get any current unit unless the device was on extreme markdown. The next Gen Archos will have a 4Core processor and both increased RAM and OS storage load. The OS storage load is a different capacity within the ROM. The Gen9 Archos would be my choice IF it were out yet.