Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 with Gorilla Glass broken or scratched

sonfrau

Jan 3, 2012
Hi,

My Asus TF101 is working but its Gorilla Glass is scratched/broken. I would like replace it by myself.

Does anyone know where could I purchase this spare part?

Thanks a lot.

SL1CK0N3

Jul 23, 2011
I do not but could I ask how you broke it? I thougt it was really tough.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Gorilla glass is tough, but definitely not unbreakable or unscratchable. Drop it on the corner of the tablet and the physics are just too much, just like dropping it facedown on concrete or aggregate is going to scratch it.

I would call Professional Satellite Repair in PA., you can find their number on the web. I know they do a pretty good business on iPad repair, I would guess they can repair or source your tablet. That all being said, unless this is something you have experience in, I think you should have it done professionally.

sonfrau

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks for your reply.

My Asus fell over the corner of the tablet.

I live in Spain so I will try to find a near Repair Center.

Thanks and regards

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
for what its worth, FYI the tf101 does NOT have gorilla glass, its a lower quality scratch proof... the 201 and 300 have the gorilla.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It does have Gorilla Glass but the strength of Gorilla glass is its scratch resistance not its tensil strenght.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Yes it does have Gorilla glass and scratch resistance is a function of surface hardness. As a general rule, the harder an object the more brittle it becomes.