B&N Free Friday Books

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
11/04/11 Today's book is Man Law by Adrienne Giordano.

Man Law has everything you look for in a great romance. When security consultant Vic Andrews meets the stunning Gina Delgado, he does his best to resist her charms. For a lone wolf like Vic, a widow with three kids is a lot more baggage than he can carry. But after an innocent fling, Vic finds himself falling for the charming but tough Gina. Soon she’s caught up in one of his security jobs, and as Vic fights to keep Gina and her family safe, he finds that playing dad may be a role he’s well-suited for.

I think they made this one into a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By golly, I think you're right. It seems exactly like the description of the book. If I watch the movie instead, I'll only be about 8 weeks behind on the free book reading. Every little bit helps.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
11/11/11 Today's book is The Journey Home by Michael Baron

In The Journey Home, three honest and heartwarming interweaving stories illuminate the importance of finding your way home. In the most literal of the three, a man wakes up in a hospital with his memory almost completely wiped out. All he knows is that somewhere, there’s a loving wife waiting for his return, and he must find her no matter how hard the journey. At the same time, an elderly woman—confined to a nursing home and slowly losing her memory—spends her days with her dutiful son. As her son watches her condition deteriorate, he learns that the best way to connect is to recreate his mother’s favorite meals and share them together.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I got it ....just on time

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
11/18/11 Today's book is Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu

Wish-granting genies have been part of folklore tradition for centuries, but Liu’s novel offers a sultry twist. When Dela Reese purchases a small box in a Beijing market, little does she know it will change her life forever. When she opens the box, a handsome and powerfully built shape-shifter emerges. Now Dela is the unwitting slave master of this ancient mystical warrior—Devi—but unlike his past masters, she’s willing to help him break the curse that sealed his fate long ago.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Ooh bringing back the genie genre :)

B&N calls it paranormal romance, but I like your description better.:cool: The guy on the cover reminded me of the guy who got smacked in the face by a goose while riding on a roller coaster. Do you remember his name?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yup, that's the guy I was thinking of. Thanks JP.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I never knew you were such a big fan of Fabio. I guess you've been downloading a lot of Romance Novels in addition to the free Friday books.:cool:

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Don't knock them until you try them spider ;) Besides there is a frequently overlooked foot note to the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover..." "unless its Fabio."

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I actually know Fabio well, he is Italian like me, I use to see him in NY a lot, I' m happy to see that JP is a fan! His dream was to be in movies, he would have liked to follow Stallone's footsteps....I guess life took him on a different direction!

Great video of him you found,JP! This is even better....I' m still hurting from too much laughing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie8yn2J08Qc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: