bad display with hdmi

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
hi guys,
i didn't think to mention the thor rom since i had the same issue with the stock rom.
i will test it on another tv tomorrow.
both tv sets i have in my house are "Konka KDL32JS97A LED" and i will check the other one's name as soon as i'll get back home.i dont think that the rom matters since it's an android condition. i have googled it and noticed it occurs on other android tablets,
is there any way to manually set display setting on the unit instead fo the tv?

thanks.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Konka, a Chinese brand, is not a well-known or common in the US. I would be suspicious that it may not be fully compatible with US or international standards, which might be leading to your screen issues.

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
i'm sure it's not or else it would have worked...
that is why i asked if there is any way to control it in the table's settings?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
i'm sure it's not or else it would have worked...
that is why i asked if there is any way to control it in the table's settings?

Not really, because it seems your tv is locked in 16:9 mode, which is not the normal mode for this tablet. There is no way to force it into that mode, and you wouldn't want to have it in that mode all the time anyway.

If you get a movie, Or click this link: http://www.tools4movies.com/xoom/1080p/pussinboots-tlr1_h1080p.mp4 on the tablet and select Default Video Player, it should play in something that approximates 16:9, and it might look ok on the TV.

If so, then you know that your TV is kind of fussy about what modes it will accept. It seems crazy to hack your tablet to play on your TV when you can replace a 32 inch TV for less money than you can replace your tablet.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
It will be an incompatibility in the various screen modes. The A500 plays both 720p and 1080p. Depending on the age of your TV 4:3 and 16:9 are exclusive formats that are set according to TV's actual display size ie 1024x768 or 800x600. The new HD formats are different 1368x720 - oops I just hit a blank and I can't seem to remember the other numbers. There is such a thing as display incompatibility.

Whenever a movie is played on a std 4:3 you will notice the distortion in the image as the people have long faces and parts of the image is missing.

yossiba

Nov 28, 2011
1) my tablet is rooted and changed rom so you maight say it's hacked already.
2) i dont want to buy a new tv when my tv is just fine.
im not a big must have HD guy, i just want to connect my tablet to my tv and watch a show instead of having to connect my pc.
every pc i encountered has an overscan option which is needed it this type of situation,
i just find it needed and missed in android...(and i think it's a bis miss since you cant even turn off the tablets display when hdmi connected).
thanks anyways guys hope it will be added later on... (i'll check maybe ICS has it built in).