barskin's Le Pan II diary

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I have seen raves about this tablet for a while now, and I finally was ready to buy it, and found one available to buy at the same time (a happenstance that was not always possible). Now, I am just waiting for my 'ship to store' purchase from Best Buy arrive at the store. And I am impatient, so I thought I could commiserate on a discussion forum, instead of just watching unboxing and review videos on YouTube.

I currently own (in effort of full disclosure):

An old HP desktop PC (Vista, need I say more?)
A Dell netbook (Windows 7 32 bit)
A new HP 15.6" notebook (Windows 7 64 bit, 6 gigs of RAM - Nice!)
A BlackBerry Torch 9810
A BlackBerry PlayBook
And a little mifi device

So hello, and I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to tell me stuff like "you're gonna love your Le Pan, girl!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
LOL It seems the only thing you are missing is a nice casing for you new Tablet. I know a supplier who has pretty cool casings except that they are not Elephant tested.

Sorry internal joke but I agree with Gecko: You are going to luv your Le Pan Girl.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Yes, I do need a case. I have heard that cases designed for the HP Touchpad fit the Le Pan (I assume that means the ports are accessible). Do you a have favorite?

And thank you for your totally spontaneous comments. My stunning beauty is sometimes a problem at forums, so I appreciate the welcome. :D

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
lol @tanzanite

spontaneous is our second nature :) you are right about the hp touchpad case, it is about the only folio case that fits the Le Pan well.

while we don't have any folios we can offer for LE Pan II, we do have a bunch of really nice Le Pan II cases in the form of sleeves. Check this one out, might fit your dress :p

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
you are going to love your Le Pan girl!
About the touchpad case though, I found it to be really thick. At first i did not like it but as time went on i love that case! It gives the tablet some good protection and all the ports and buttons are easy to access.
So if you purchase the Targus case for Touchpad, it is thick but it is NICE as well.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
you are going to love your Le Pan girl!
About the touchpad case though, I found it to be really thick. At first i did not like it but as time went on i love that case! It gives the tablet some good protection and all the ports and buttons are easy to access.
So if you purchase the Targus case for Touchpad, it is thick but it is NICE as well.

Thanks for for the info. I just found out from Best Buy that my tablet will be delivered to the Best Buy (which is a 5 minute walk from my office) tomorrow. Cool.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
You are NOT gonna love the wifi on the le pan, girl! :p

I think your Playbook is a better tablet, honestly, although smaller screen.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
You are NOT gonna love the wifi on the le pan, girl! :p

I think your Playbook is a better tablet, honestly, although smaller screen.

Well, if the Wi-Fi doesn't work, why do people rave aboutit? Anyway, I'm a device junkie, and I wanted to add a bigger tablet to mycollection; the great things I heard about the Le Pan made it very tempting.So, I'll have both sizes and both operating systems and both sets offunctionalities. But, I am not here to discuss another tablet. This is the LePan II board, and I am only here to talk to other users about it, and hopefully,pick up some good advice.

yoandme

Dec 28, 2011
I have had mine for two months now and am more than happy with it. I have never experienced any of the reported wi fi issues and consistently get 14 - 15Mbs net speed on my home G wireless.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I have had mine for two months now and am more than happy with it. I have never experienced any of the reported wi fi issues and consistently get 14 - 15Mbs net speed on my home G wireless.

Thanks. Good to hear.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Last edited: