bat scripts?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone here good at creating .bat scripts? If so please let me know. I need some assistance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I used to do them a LOT, including if - then statements but that was a very long time ago. I'm very rusty but let me know what the issue is.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Thats awesome and I bet it will come back to you very quickly. I have just found out that you can flash a rom through ADB commands. So what I was thinking is making a full utility like the Kindle Fire utility but include the commands for flashing a rom too. The kindle fire utility is a great utility to root and install custom recovery already so I was just thinking of editing that to add in the commands for flashing a rom.

I have looked into it myself but it is over my head but I didnt notice in Kindle fire utility that the author of it said anyone could take it and mess with it any way they wanted, so thats another reason I thought I would use it as a base and add to it.

Let me know what you think?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If someone could PM me the commands I can take a look to see how far it could be automated. Many of the old commands, mostly conditional, don't work the same as they did in the days of DOS.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I just want to give an update. I have been working with bat scripts and trying to figure them out sense I posted this and I have to say I have learned a lot.

Batch scripting is pretty fun and easy and I recommend it to anyone that wants to get started in some sort of programming. There is a lot you can do with a bat script for Android devices and then with a little bat to exe converter you can turn that bat script into an EXE program.

I am going to be writing up a tutorial with an easy bat script example and will make it available on my website.