black screen on my superpad android 2.2

Fauzan

Mar 31, 2011
i just bough the superpad with android 2.2, and everything is ok,
until when i want to add widget on the welcome screen, so i choose the power control,
and when it appear on the welcome screen i wanted to drag it to the wright place, so i pressed it and suddenly my screen become all black.
i try to reboot several time, i saw the reboot process with the green man appear on the screen, and after it finish the screen become black again, it's just like in stanby mode you know, but i can not turn the screen on again...any one please help me,
i only use it for 1 hour

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Is the screen dimmed or off?

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Fauzan

Mar 31, 2011
i though so, but i can't see anything on my screen, maybe you can guide me

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Try a factory reset? Boot into recovery and erase user data I believe

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Get a paper clip and use the reset hole.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

drgolf

Apr 9, 2011
the same thing happened to me! I tried the reset button, but still doesn't work. Is there another way to reset the whole thing? I can't do factory case I can't see anythingon the screen after I turnit on. I know it's on b/c I get haptic feedback when I touch the screenn and hear my email notifications, but isthe screen black :( anyone else know how to fix this?

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Yes, common issue is when you set the brightness to 0 you cant see anything even after reboot. You have three options to fix this:
1) Try and navigate to the display settings and change brightness back up
- See instructions below, this assumes you have not moved the settings button or changed default launcher.
2) Do a factory reset (You will lose all apps + user settings you have made)
- Turn off Superpad2 Then Hold Power+Menu+Black circle button on front. all at the same time and wait for it to enter reset mode.
3) Reflash firmware (You will lose all apps + user settings you have made)
- Firmware update method for SuperPAD II

Adjusting brightness with black screen
Coordinates in cm. where tot tap the screen to adjust brightness blindly:
1) power on the Flytouch 3
2) wait for 1 minuten
3) press and hold the menu- button for 5 seconds then release (this unlockes the screen)
4) From the bottom right corner (black button on the right) tap once 3 cm from the right edgde, 1,5 cm from the bottem edge (=settings)
5) tap screen once from the top of the screen (under the web-cam) 6 cm down from top edge of screen in center of screen (these are the Display settings)
6) tap screen in the center 2 cm down from the top screen edge (10,5cm from bottom edge) for the Brightness settings
7) Swipe 6-7 cm from the top in the center, left to right
8) let there be light!​

inoktav

May 2, 2011
I'm sorry for asking at different thread but is this method can be applied to similar 7" tablet. Mine is Kylin Q709 and I was accidentally set the brightness to 0 so this thing happen. I'll try the "Blind Method" from Mr. Chandos first when I'm home later...

dogafin

May 27, 2011
i am on the same boat. problem is, this is my mother's tablet and she will kill me if i cant fix this dreaded black screen issue #.# anyway, i have tried first and second method, with no luck. i am used to the landscape mode since the tablet came with the keyboard. couldnt navigate blindly into settings since the icons have been moved!! the second method doesnt take me to 'reset mode' idk if i am doing it wrong so i will keep trying. i really dont want to do the third method and brick the thing.

question, how do i know when the tablet has gone to reset mode? i have the superpad, idk if its 1st or 2nd gen, on device menu it said its sawee pad, idk if that helps. i pressed and held the three buttons and it would vibrate;flicker and have the same screen, it did this twice until the third time it was on that screen forever....... need i hold it much longer? because i released and it just went to normal boot then blind screen again. agh! this is gonna drive me nuts!

dogafin

May 27, 2011
okay, i found a similar thread started by nova; he said he pressed and held the power+home+black key not the menu; but his post was hard to understand and i am still confused how he did it. i havent gone far with this thing, i cant get it to reset to factory settings.

dogafin

May 27, 2011
:FIXED IT!!: i had to press and hold power/home/black button for a couple seconds, release it when it counts down and press it again within that five seconds and it automatically system restored itself! i sat here for hours and i couldnt figure it out until i came across this!
to do a hard reset press the power ,the big black button and the menu button
normally you should get a black screen doing a count down thing then stop and do it a second time thats what i did with mine

WARNING
the out come is that now it doesnt get passed the android logo so beware
posted by username miccarm in a different website; i wish i can thank the guy but im not a member :D turns out i have the flytouch3 (i didnt even know) i hope this helps someone else!

Last edited:

inoktav

May 2, 2011
Hi I'm back again, this time I ust want to thank you guys, esspecially Mr. Chandos. I've fixed my tablet with blind method and it works perfectly (even if I have to make some measurement by scratching my pad). THANK YOU!!!

maxummus

May 5, 2011
Yes, common issue is when you set the brightness to 0 you cant see anything even after reboot. You have three options to fix this:
1) Try and navigate to the display settings and change brightness back up
- See instructions below, this assumes you have not moved the settings button or changed default launcher.
2) Do a factory reset (You will lose all apps + user settings you have made)
- Turn off Superpad2 Then Hold Power+Menu+Black circle button on front. all at the same time and wait for it to enter reset mode.
3) Reflash firmware (You will lose all apps + user settings you have made)
- Firmware update method for SuperPAD II

Adjusting brightness with black screen
Coordinates in cm. where tot tap the screen to adjust brightness blindly:
1) power on the Flytouch 3
2) wait for 1 minuten
3) press and hold the menu- button for 5 seconds then release (this unlockes the screen)
4) From the bottom right corner (black button on the right) tap once 3 cm from the right edgde, 1,5 cm from the bottem edge (=settings)
5) tap screen once from the top of the screen (under the web-cam) 6 cm down from top edge of screen in center of screen (these are the Display settings)
6) tap screen in the center 2 cm down from the top screen edge (10,5cm from bottom edge) for the Brightness settings
7) Swipe 6-7 cm from the top in the center, left to right
8) let there be light!​
option 9. go to the darkest room in the house...closet is the best place and you should see your faint screen in complete darknest and adjust our brightness in setting. Now let there be light again!

gnome

Oct 16, 2011
Anyone having this problem with a "Flytouch 3" with a hdmi port - try plugging it into a TV! It worked for us!