bring on the clones

theroys88

Oct 25, 2011
I asked a few questions on this forum in hopes that the Ibex folks would respond. So far they refuse to answer the questions. I decided to send the administrator of Apadtv forum these questions. Here is my message: I left some questions on another forum in hopes that you might answer them and since you filter post here I decided to ask you this via pm.Can you give us a physical address of your company Ibex? Can you give us a company website? Can you give us a phone number for support or product information. Can you give any proof that Ibex manufactures these tablets and does not source them out as most Asian companies do? I read your post everyday warning folks that anything Flytouch 3 tablet that does not have the larger battery or a Ibex box is a clone. I have a friend that has a Ibex tablet and the operating instructions had no information about any company as do all of the tablets. We compared tablets and they are identical. We opened them up and the components are identical except the battery. Mine was 6400mah. His is 8000mah battery. We both have a Disco 10 models and same build number also. His box has Ibex on it . Mine has 10.1 Tablet PC on it. Both have no company information on the owners manuals and are in fact identical manuals! Both tablets perform identical. He gets about a hour more on his battery then mine. Androidtablets.net basically states that these tablets were actually first manufactured by Gome and that it is you guys that have jumped in and are throwing stones. If you can prove that Ibex really does manufacture the tablets that you are pushing it would go a long way to ending this topic. I hope to here from you.

I will let you guys know if he responds. I think these questions are fair and need to be answered.

theroys88

Oct 25, 2011
I received a response from the apadtv administrator. Here it is:[h=2]Re: Ibex tablets[/h]
Hello theroys88,

Firstly ******** is a separate entity to all resellers and manufacturers. It's a technical support forum run by volunteers and users for the benefit of the community. Money generated by advertising by ******** is ploughed straight back into the community, by way of purchasing supplies for testing and paying for server costs. ******** is a fairly busy website with a large international audience.

Gome is a retail store they don't manufacture anything. Not everything you read on sites like Androidtablets.net is the truth, they have some misinformed moderators who do not live in Shenzhen, the heart of China tablet manufacturing.

Gome once marketed tablets from the same designers who originally created the Flytouch series of tablets, these designers branded the units Gome (Chinese retail chain store). Two of the 5 designers who created the Flytouch series later formed ibex, along with a few other engineers. We are talking about extremely small factories in comparison with the large Foxconn complexes that churn out iPhones. For example, ibex has roughly 45 staff, Foxcon's Shenzhen based factory has 500,000.

We only tell the truth on ******** regarding these tablets. If you do your own thorough investigation and visit China you will discover everything that has ever been officially stated on ******** to be 100% accurate.

Regarding product manuals, a third-party creates them for hundreds of tablets, they are created by Chinese non-natives generally so the English versions rarely compare to professional English documentation. Even with large production runs of tablets being released, they rarely can justify the cost of having an English native professional technical document writer produce their product manuals.

ibex and ******** consistently always produce firmware first before anyone else and always have physical stock before clones start appearing.

For example, I have a Flytouch 5 sitting on my test bench fresh from ibex, this is before any other sites have even got clones actually in stock. The clone sellers will list items they don't yet have and later ship out once a cloned version has been produced.

I suggest you run a battery calibration utility. Every genuine owner of a real ibex always gets better performance from their genuine tablet in comparison to a clone, this I've seen over and over again consistently. So what you're saying is not really consistent with the normal findings of real users.

There are one or two small factories putting out a small quantity of near exact clones, the rest produce poor quality, I know this because I test them all. And even with the small percentage of near exact clones seeping out from these small factories they are always consistently last to produce these types of near exact clone.

What's the reason for the lack of internal branding on ibex and all other tablets designs from China? (Such as manufacturer details on motherboard and so on)

The simple answer is that if a large retail chain such as Gome wanted another large production run of tablets like they did in the past it would be easily achievable.

The only people that keep this topic alive are resellers who are pushing cloned or fake tablets who's number one goal is always to say that the clones are the same as the real machine, which in itself exposes them as shills. 95% of users know this very well and now the only remnants of the community who still think a Superpad III (Sawee10) is a Flytouch 3 are very few and far between. Over and over again the rogue sellers have exposed their bogus tactics of selling Superpad III's as Flytouch 3's.

For the record I never visit other tablet forum's, I operate this forum as a hobby part time, and between my day job there is simply no spare time to partake in posting on other forums. You wrote a long message, so I've replied with a long message.

Software licensing is a grey area in China still and that is why companies do not provide full details of where their factories are, but this doesn't change who the original designers and manufacturers of a tablet are. Who has the firmware and the physical tablets first is the most important proof of originality you can ever find in the current electronic clone wars.

However many times ibex or aPadTV prove themselves, there will always be agents with an agenda to push fakes, repeating the same old Gome retail store is a manufacturer claim, anyone you find on forums that thinks the retail store Gome manufacture the flytouch series is simply massively out of touch with the reality of Shenzhen based tablet manufacturing. I can go inside a Gome store today and no Flytouches are available, especially not the latest models.

theroys88

Oct 25, 2011
I thanked him for his reply but emphasized the shadowy business practices of the chinese market. Like no serial numbers or model numbers. No phone numbers for support or company websites. No manufactures warranty-only vendors own warranty. He kindly responded: Re: Ibex tablets
Hello theroys88,

Yes no matter what, the chatter will always continue as it is being generated by the people selling clones and fakes, there is no solution for that.

When one day in the future all software is licensed on low cost China tablets, then I imagine manufacturers will be able to appear more legitimate with traceable identities. But while things like the Android Market are installed and not licensed I doubt this will happen.

Enjoy the tablet scene and bye for now.

Admin