Building and changing android img for M701 w/ HDMI

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Tablets' started by marcelo.m.maia, Oct 17, 2010.

1. marcelo.m.maia

marcelo.m.maia Member

Hello everyone. I have an M701 with HDMI and would like to modify the android that runs it. I wonder if there is a tutorial or howto to start changing the image. A very detailed tutorial would be helpful, even if you have reviewed the software tools necessary.

I really enjoyed the personal initiative of porting 2.2 for M701 penalty but we have not (yet) the video acceleration drivers.

can not wait to get my M701 to run Android and even better if I can customize the image of him as I like (Brazilian users)

Thanks in advance.

See'ya... :eek:

2. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    rgb565 is the second boot image. other stuff can be located at xda x5a thread, otherwise the other android tablet forum

3. marcelo.m.maia

marcelo.m.maia Member

Thanks,

But I wanted to access the contents of the img and modify them to add or remove programs and increase the speed of some parts.

Asure ... could you help me?

Would you like a howto or a starting point ...

4. gurgle

gurgle Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    Asure does not visit this forum much, The question of modding img files is not usually discussed at length on this Android Tablets I would suggest googling (modify m701 android img image) This would be a good place to start. The XDA is for development of new images and ROMs. What you are talking about is being a ROM noodler. The other Android Tablet forum depending upon model discuss this at length. The M701/x5a/... have a fairly active modding community. The search will likely reveal the desired search result.