cannot hook-up tablet to our current netgear n600 router.

fivefords

Dec 26, 2011
The router will not accept the tabet. Everything else works in the house. Just not the tablet. Netgear wants me to pay another fee for help with this problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
First, what type of tablet do you have? Also, model number? Operating system version?

Can your tablet see the WiFi access point?

Does your router have any security (WEP/WPA)?

If so, do you know your routers WiFi network password/passkey?

Nightowl

Jan 4, 2012
I'll reply since I'm having the same problem, as are many others based on my internet searches.

Our tablets (we received two for Christmas) - Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader. I can supply operating system (Android) version if necessary. Latest firmware (0302) has been flashed.

Our tablets see the WiFi access point (home router) and display SSID, but do not connect (7 year old Netgear b/g router, WGT624, that has successfully connected to all other WiFi devices in the house for years).

We live in the boonies, so home router has no security (i.e., Open).

We have been able to connect the Pandigital device to the local public library WiFi system, but have never been able to connect with our home WiFi system. A common experience from what I've been seeing.

Obviously many of the (older) routers are not Android friendly. Would be great if a list of known, Android-friendly routers could be posted.

John

Nightowl

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the tip. We picked up a Netgear WNDR3700v3 Friday evening at Walmart (their price beat both Best Buy and Staples). Hooked it up in less than 15 minutes. Both PDNs were able to connect to this new router on the first attempt. I'll not declare total success until all components survive the infant mortality phase, but looks good so far.

John