Can't connect to WiFi?

andersen1127

Dec 6, 2011
OK, so i got a new router today (Medialink) I set it up and computer connects fine to internet as well as my ipod to my wifi. however when i went to try to connect my tablet it worked fine the first time then it prompted me that i had a update so i went ahead and downloaded it and now my tablet won't pick up my wifi. I also tried to add the connection using the SSID and password but it says it is out of reach.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Make sure your router is running ONLY WPA2 (or WPA2 Personal with AES) as its security method, and that it is serving as a DHCP server as well.

Make sure Mac address filtering is off as well as client filtering.
Make sure the router is broadcasting its SSID. NEVER go the manually entered SSID route.
Delete (forget) any previously configured Wireless access points for this router in your tablet (long press).

Try setting your router to 802.11G or b/g mode, and see if that works. Some routers when working in 802.11N mode use the 5ghz band, and the acer
does not support that band.

Make sure you are running your router in Infrastructure mode (not ad-hoc mode). (Its very rare for a routers to even offer ad-hoc, but who knows)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Follow what Icebike says.

You can try a reset on the tablet. If the frequency band is not supported you will need another router. A500 supports only 2.4Ghz. If ypur tablet doesn't even see the signal that is most likely. You can get an utility that finds and analyses wifi signal with channel info. called WIFI ANALYSER.

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
Try resetting it with a paper clip in the reset hole. I've had two A500 stuck in "Scanning" for WiFi endlessly out of the box. Reset each and they work fine.