Can't download from Market

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
To clear Market cache, go to Settings -> Applications - Manage Applications. Then press the Menu button and select Filter and select All.
Then scroll in the list until you find Market. Select Market and the screen should show you the settings for Market.

You might also do this Talk as well.
I would simply add that when you select market you will see several tabs, select the tab that says "manage" I believe. then you'll see a button to clear the cache

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
Thanks for the added insight for clearing cache. Unfortunately, it didn't help. In fact, when I went there it didn't even enable the 'clear cache' button because the cache size was already zero. I tried it with Talk and Market. I'm still stuck.

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
I have found several people over on the Google forums who have mobile devices that can log into Talk over the phone but can not log in over WiFi. If someone here as a Huawei tablet that can log into Talk - would you please disable the phone and see if you can do it strictly over WiFi?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but I have an S7. Both the Market and Talk work on it, and I only have WiFi, I don't even have a Sim card. So it works fine with just WiFi. I've never used talk before, but it let me log in and change my status and post a status message with my regular Google login.

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
I gave the tablet to my business partner, and he had NO trouble connecting to Google Talk at his house. I must now assume that my Apple AirPort Extreme is somehow blocking the necessary ports for Chat to work at my house. I've gone into the AirPort configuration, but it has a 'simplified' interface that doesn't allow me to do any low level configuration (I went to the Apple site to look up how to configure the router, but their illustrations and documentation doesn't match my device, for some reason - maybe I have a very early model or something).

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Market definitely works on a properly configured S7 over WiFi. Here are a couple more questions though:

1. Is it the same application that is causing issues, or is it any application that you are trying to download and install?
2. Go to settings>application settings>manage applications. Select Market and do a force stop. Go back to market and try again. This may unlock whatever is hung up
3. Take the device back and exchange it for a different one at Best Buy

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
I had this same problem -

try the other things (Force closing Market)

then go to settings, applications, running services, click on gtalkservice, then click stop.

then go to accounts and sync in settings, and create your google account (for contacts, email and such)

then go sign into market.

Not sure if adding the accounts and sync actually had anything to do with it, but thats the order i did my stuff in, now Market works just fine over wifi (no sim card)

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Market worked fine by Wifi and 3G (well OK edge on T-mobile!) out of the box for me.

leiderhausen

Dec 18, 2010
I'm having the same issue, gtalk will not connect so I can't download from the market. Very disappointing. I just got the device yesterday. All I can do is try it at work and see if a different router will let me connect. I tried the steps listed above to stop the market but that did not help. I would hate to take it back but I need access to the market.

UPDATE:Did a factory reset of the data. Clicked on Talk icon and it prompted me to setup or sign in to my Google account (which I setup last night). I signed in successfully and Talk and the Market are fully functional. I must have set it up wrong on my first run through last night (it was late) which is why it could not connect, I had it assigned to my home email account @att.net instead of @gmail.com

Last edited: