Can't restore to stock

wh1pla5h

Jul 21, 2011
I've spent the last few hours trying to figure this out, and I'm at my wit's end. I'm almost certain that the problem is that when I try to format the data in CWR, it gives me an error. Someone else has posted the same issue and then said someone helped him resolve it, but he didn't bother to post the solution. Can someone help me out?

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
I've spent the last few hours trying to figure this out, and I'm at my wit's end. I'm almost certain that the problem is that when I try to format the data in CWR, it gives me an error. Someone else has posted the same issue and then said someone helped him resolve it, but he didn't bother to post the solution. Can someone help me out?

Can you walk us through what you're doing up to when you encounter the error? And what exactly is the error you get?

Are you able to flash the stock ROM? If you are able to, remove CWR afterwards and try the 8-reboot method.

wh1pla5h

Jul 21, 2011
I'm running CWR 3.0.1.0 from my SD card and am attempting to flash to stock 1.0.1. I can format the system, but when I then try to format the data, it reads "Error formatting /data!" I can try to flash afterwards, but from my understanding, and according to the process, it won't work right unless I format both the system and data. Either way, the 8-reboot method doesn't work.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
I'm running CWR 3.0.1.0 from my SD card and am attempting to flash to stock 1.0.1. I can format the system, but when I then try to format the data, it reads "Error formatting /data!" I can try to flash afterwards, but from my understanding, and according to the process, it won't work right unless I format both the system and data. Either way, the 8-reboot method doesn't work.

You need to update your CWR image first to avoid the error message and also to properly wipe the Davlik cache.

wh1pla5h

Jul 21, 2011
I don't know what I did, but I somehow got it into the 8 reboot without actually doing it properly. Thanks anyways, guys.