ClockworkMod Recovery with Touch Support for Allwinner A10-based Tablet

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
here it is : Romkit v.12
I saw the setup and the hardkey control is the same for a10c that I built eariler and your touchscreen driver is built-in. The challenge for a10c is that it cant get into CWM. Please select a10c for installation of CWM after you have installed the romkit.

volume buttons to control up/down and home button to select.

Do test out the buttons and touch.

yes, if the CWM works for you it will work for other yinlips ydpg18 with the same hardware. take note those that this is based on gingerbread. for table with ics, this will not work. I am not sure your yinlips will get similar partition structure in future firmware release.

sir , it will work on my TreQ A10C now ?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
okay, i hope it will work on his tab.

while you are waiting, maybe you can try the following:

1. down android terminal from the market
2. type "su" <enter>
3 type "busybox" <enter>

let me know if busybox show any output.

crash

Mar 16, 2012
Installed, but unable to launch cwm. I do not have a physical vol up button, I tried to change the keymap under /usr/ still nothing.
Launching from the app... sometimes the screen blanks, sometimes it just hangs, sometimes I see an android with an exclamation point in a triangle with a loading animation, but only briefly then the screen freezes.
Many persons in the community for this device have tried to get the unit into some kind of recovery mode without success. (there is a safe mode... says so on the bottom left corner of the screen if you hold the Menu button while booting... but it looks the same, only missing the majority of the apps)

I'll let the group know about this rom and see if they would like to try it... I will reflash my device and reinstall the app, starting with a clean slate so to speak...

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Installed, but unable to launch cwm. I do not have a physical vol up button, I tried to change the keymap under /usr/ still nothing.
Launching from the app... sometimes the screen blanks, sometimes it just hangs, sometimes I see an android with an exclamation point in a triangle with a loading animation, but only briefly then the screen freezes.
Many persons in the community for this device have tried to get the unit into some kind of recovery mode without success. (there is a safe mode... says so on the bottom left corner of the screen if you hold the Menu button while booting... but it looks the same, only missing the majority of the apps)

I'll let the group know about this rom and see if they would like to try it... I will reflash my device and reinstall the app, starting with a clean slate so to speak...

the android with the exclaimation mark is the recovery. you will see this when you do a factory reset. this mean that the cwm is not installed or have been overwritten. I need to check your rootfs.img.

can you install android terminal from the market and do the following?

1. su <enter>
2. busybox

let me know what is the output. dont use adb.

crash

Mar 16, 2012
BusyBox v1.18.3 (2011-07-08 15:05:12 CST) multi-call binary.
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, Denys Vlasenko
and others. Licensed under GPLv2.
See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
or: busybox --list[-full]
or: function [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
utilities into a single executable. Most people will create a
link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
[, [[, addgroup, adduser, ar, arping, ash, awk, basename,
bunzip2, bzcat, cat, catv, chattr, chgrp, chmod, chown,
chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp, cp, cpio, crond,
crontab, cut, date, dc, dd, deallocvt, delgroup, deluser,
devmem, df, diff, dirname, dmesg, dnsd, dnsdomainname,
dos2unix, du, dumpkmap, echo, egrep, eject, env,
ether-wake, expr, false, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fgrep,
find, fold, free, freeramdisk, fsck, fuser, getopt,
getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump,
hostid, hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifup,
inetd, init, insmod, install, ionice, iostat, ip, ipaddr,
ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kill,
killall, killall5, klogd, last, length, less, linux32,
linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, logger, login,
logname, losetup, ls, lsattr, lsmod, lspci, lsusb, lzcat,
lzma, makedevs, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir,
mkdosfs, mke2fs, mkfifo, mkfs.ext2, mkfs.vfat, mknod,
mkswap, mktemp, modinfo, modprobe, more, mount,
mountpoint, mpstat, mt, mv, nameif, netstat, nice, nohup,
nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pidof, ping,
pipe_progress, pivot_root, poweroff, printenv, printf,
ps, pwd, rdate, readahead, readlink, readprofile,
realpath, reboot, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir,
rmmod, route, run-parts, runlevel, sed, seq, setarch,
setconsole, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, sh, sha1sum,
sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, sort, start-stop-daemon,
strings, stty, su, sulogin, swapoff, swapon, switch_root,
sync, sysctl, syslogd, tail, tar, tee, telnet, test,
tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true, tty,
udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq, unix2dos, unlzma, unxz,
unzip, uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vconfig, vi,
vlock, watch, watchdog, wc, wget, which, who, whoami,
xargs, xz, xzcat, yes, zcat

this is the busybox repsonce... I'll try again to see if the results are the same... and I can't use adb reliably... sometimes only one command gets responce then nothing... probably combination of being a noob and usb drivers for vista 64bit

copy of current nandb (i think this is the one rootfs?) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68983230/nandbv2.img

Last edited:

crash

Mar 16, 2012
okay, weird, but re-installed and gets a little further into booting cwm... I see the screen but no touch controls work and because I cannot choose any other selection it reboots (first selected menu item)
this could be related to su problems... as this unit hangs when updating busybox and/or superuser (the su.bin on this device is in the /xbin dir? don't understand why)

edit: more weird

CWM - based Recovery v5.0.2.8 is visible at times, but says telcast p76ti (r2)

I know I am choosing the a10, but is it the right rom?... is it worth the effort to try the other?

also, so long as I use absolutely no su ... I can install anything... so busybox is now at 1.19.5 and installation of CWM seems much better.

currently the unit in CWM will reboot when i push the analog stick down... this is the only button or input that has any effect (only in CWM)

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011

[, [[, addgroup, adduser, ar, arping, ash, awk, basename,
bunzip2, bzcat, cat, catv, chattr, chgrp, chmod, chown,
chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp, cp, cpio, crond,
crontab, cut, date, dc, dd, deallocvt, delgroup, deluser,
devmem, df, diff, dirname, dmesg, dnsd, dnsdomainname,
dos2unix, du, dumpkmap, echo, egrep, eject, env,
ether-wake, expr, false, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fgrep,
find, fold, free, freeramdisk, fsck, fuser, getopt,
getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump,
hostid, hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifup,
inetd, init, insmod, install, ionice, iostat, ip, ipaddr,
ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kill,
killall, killall5, klogd, last, length, less, linux32,
linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, logger, login,
logname, losetup, ls, lsattr, lsmod, lspci, lsusb, lzcat,
lzma, makedevs, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir,
mkdosfs, mke2fs, mkfifo, mkfs.ext2, mkfs.vfat, mknod,
mkswap, mktemp, modinfo, modprobe, more, mount,
mountpoint, mpstat, mt, mv, nameif, netstat, nice, nohup,
nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pidof, ping,
pipe_progress, pivot_root, poweroff, printenv, printf,
ps, pwd, rdate, readahead, readlink, readprofile,
realpath, reboot, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir,
rmmod, route, run-parts, runlevel, sed, seq, setarch,
setconsole, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, sh, sha1sum,
sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, sort, start-stop-daemon,
strings, stty, su, sulogin, swapoff, swapon, switch_root,
sync, sysctl, syslogd, tail, tar, tee, telnet, test,
tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true, tty,
udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq, unix2dos, unlzma, unxz,
unzip, uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vconfig, vi,
vlock, watch, watchdog, wc, wget, which, who, whoami,
xargs, xz, xzcat, yes, zcat

this is the busybox repsonce... I'll try again to see if the results are the same... and I can't use adb reliably... sometimes only one command gets responce then nothing... probably combination of being a noob and usb drivers for vista 64bit

copy of current nandb (i think this is the one rootfs?) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68983230/nandbv2.img

Did you manage to run su?
okay, weird, but re-installed and gets a little further into booting cwm... I see the screen but no touch controls work and because I cannot choose any other selection it reboots (first selected menu item)
this could be related to su problems... as this unit hangs when updating busybox and/or superuser (the su.bin on this device is in the /xbin dir? don't understand why)

edit: more weird

CWM - based Recovery v5.0.2.8 is visible at times, but says telcast p76ti (r2)

I know I am choosing the a10, but is it the right rom?... is it worth the effort to try the other?

also, so long as I use absolutely no su ... I can install anything... so busybox is now at 1.19.5 and installation of CWM seems much better.

currently the unit in CWM will reboot when i push the analog stick down... this is the only button or input that has any effect (only in CWM)

To my knowledge, a10-based device came rooted without the need to install new su and superuser.apk. That could be the cause of the issue.

The touch was tested only on capacitive touchscreen and not resistive so I will not be surprise if it will not work. I have another tablet that is using resistive but its not an a10-based. Will do that check later.

The reason why the button do not work if that I thought that you have the volume key. I will have to remapped to your up/down dpad.

Last edited:

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
while you are waiting, maybe you can try the following:

1. down android terminal from the market
2. type "su" <enter>
3 type "busybox" <enter>

let me know if busybox show any output.

here sir :

[, [[, addgroup, adduser, ar, arping, ash, awk, basename, bunzip2, bzcat, cat, catv, chattr, chgrp,
chmod, chown, chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp, cp, cpio, crond, crontab, cut, date, dc, dd,
deallocvt, delgroup, deluser, devmem, df, diff, dirname, dmesg, dnsd, dnsdomainname, dos2unix, du,
dumpkmap, echo, egrep, eject, env, ether-wake, expr, false, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fgrep, find, fold,
free, freeramdisk, fsck, fuser, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump, hostid,
hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifup, inetd, init, insmod, install, ionice, iostat, ip, ipaddr,
ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kill, killall, killall5, klogd, last, length, less,
linux32, linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, logger, login, logname, losetup, ls, lsattr, lsmod,
lspci, lsusb, lzcat, lzma, makedevs, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir, mkdosfs, mke2fs, mkfifo,
mkfs.ext2, mkfs.vfat, mknod, mkswap, mktemp, modinfo, modprobe, more, mount, mountpoint, mpstat, mt, mv,
nameif, netstat, nice, nohup, nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pidof, ping, pipe_progress,
pivot_root, poweroff, printenv, printf, ps, pwd, rdate, readahead, readlink, readprofile, realpath,
reboot, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, run-parts, runlevel, sed, seq, setarch,
setconsole, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, sh, sha1sum, sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, sort,
start-stop-daemon, strings, stty, su, sulogin, swapoff, swapon, switch_root, sync, sysctl, syslogd, tail,
tar, tee, telnet, test, tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true, tty, udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq,
unix2dos, unlzma, unxz, unzip, uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vconfig, vi, vlock, watch, watchdog,
wc, wget, which, who, whoami, xargs, xz, xzcat, yes, zcat

[, [[, addgroup, adduser, ar, arping, ash, awk, basename, bunzip2, bzcat, cat, catv, chattr, chgrp,
chmod, chown, chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp, cp, cpio, crond, crontab, cut, date, dc, dd,
deallocvt, delgroup, deluser, devmem, df, diff, dirname, dmesg, dnsd, dnsdomainname, dos2unix, du,
dumpkmap, echo, egrep, eject, env, ether-wake, expr, false, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fgrep, find, fold,
free, freeramdisk, fsck, fuser, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump, hostid,
hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifup, inetd, init, insmod, install, ionice, iostat, ip, ipaddr,
ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kill, killall, killall5, klogd, last, length, less,
linux32, linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, logger, login, logname, losetup, ls, lsattr, lsmod,
lspci, lsusb, lzcat, lzma, makedevs, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir, mkdosfs, mke2fs, mkfifo,
mkfs.ext2, mkfs.vfat, mknod, mkswap, mktemp, modinfo, modprobe, more, mount, mountpoint, mpstat, mt, mv,
nameif, netstat, nice, nohup, nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pidof, ping, pipe_progress,
pivot_root, poweroff, printenv, printf, ps, pwd, rdate, readahead, readlink, readprofile, realpath,
reboot, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, run-parts, runlevel, sed, seq, setarch,
setconsole, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, sh, sha1sum, sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, sort,
start-stop-daemon, strings, stty, su, sulogin, swapoff, swapon, switch_root, sync, sysctl, syslogd, tail,
tar, tee, telnet, test, tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true, tty, udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq,
unix2dos, unlzma, unxz, unzip, uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vconfig, vi, vlock, watch, watchdog,
wc, wget, which, who, whoami, xargs, xz, xzcat, yes, zcat

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
when i type "su" ,i got a notification allow or deny, and i choose allow.

sure ,i follow your step :)

Then the CWM should be able to install and you should be able to reboot into CWM.

I need to confirm that your tablet is compatible. Can you provide the following?

1. busybox dd if=/dev/block/nanda of=/sdcard/boot.img
2. busybox dd if=/dev/block/nandf of =/sdcard/recovery.img
3. dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
4. ls /dev/block/nand* > partition.txt

please provide me these 4 files. Before you do that, can you confirm that if you have manually root the tablet? Why is there allow/deny prompt?

Last edited:

crash

Mar 16, 2012
Yinlips... ydpg 18 ... now working with SU and BusyBox 1.19.3 and used su fixer from google play.
I can boot to the CWM, but still no controls other than pushing the analog stick down... will select the highlighted menu item.