ClockworkMod Recovery with Touch Support for Allwinner A10-based Tablet

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Yinlips... ydpg 18 ... now working with SU and BusyBox 1.19.3 and used su fixer from google play.
I can boot to the CWM, but still no controls other than pushing the analog stick down... will select the highlighted menu item.

try this: kkromkit v1.21

I have mapped the up/down. should be the dpad up/down?

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
Then the CWM should be able to install and you should be able to reboot into CWM.

I need to confirm that your tablet is compatible. Can you provide the following?

1. busybox dd if=/dev/block/nanda of=/sdcard/boot.img
2. busybox dd if=/dev/block/nandf of =/sdcard/recovery.img
3. dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
4. ls /dev/block/nand* > partition.txt

please provide me these 4 files. Before you do that, can you confirm that if you have manually root the tablet? Why is there allow/deny prompt?

sir , when i type :

ls /dev/block/nand* > partition.txt

the output is :
cannot create partition.txt: read-only file system

yes i root the tablet with application Unlock Root of Android ,no matter allow/deny prompt it just notification from Superuser application.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
sir , when i type :

the output is :

yes i root the tablet with application Unlock Root of Android ,no matter allow/deny prompt it just notification from Superuser application.

sorry. it should be > /sdcard/partition.txt

anyway, i would suggest that you flash your stock rom with rooting and try to use the romkit again. a10 tablet should be already rooted so do not need to root again.

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
sorry, I meant try stock rom without rooting or adding superuser.apk.

same the problem sir.. i have done reboot cwm recovery from KKromkit,and i have done turn off tablet + hold the volume(+) but my tablet doesnt goto cwm recovery

whoshotjr2006

Mar 29, 2012
hello sir

i was wondering if you could help with my device. i have a polaroid pmid701c and from looking at the work your doing, it looks like our devices are very similar. can you look at porting recovery to my device? i would greatly appreciate it and be forever greatful.

files are here: Archive.zip

it has a 480x800 screen, and has 4 buttons on the device which are power, home, menu, and back.

thanks in advance

edit: forgot to add that device is already rooted and newest busybox is installed if that helps

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
same the problem sir.. i have done reboot cwm recovery from KKromkit,and i have done turn off tablet + hold the volume(+) but my tablet doesnt goto cwm recovery

are you on gingerbread? your partitions have the format used in ICS.

hello sir

i was wondering if you could help with my device. i have a polaroid pmid701c and from looking at the work your doing, it looks like our devices are very similar. can you look at porting recovery to my device? i would greatly appreciate it and be forever greatful.

files are here: Archive.zip

it has a 480x800 screen, and has 4 buttons on the device which are power, home, menu, and back.

thanks in advance

edit: forgot to add that device is already rooted and newest busybox is installed if that helps

Sure, will take a look. btw, a10 device should come pre-rooted so there should not be a need to root it.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
whoshotjr2006,

you forgot to include the key mapping file so I cant mapped the buttons. btw, the files that you have provided seem to indicate that it will be compatible.

You can try this: kkromkit v1.21 and select Treq A10C. I would expect the touch to work though the buttons will be a hit and run until I received the sun4i-keyboard.kl from you. I will add in your tablet in the list later on.

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Mar 29, 2012
sorry about the missing keylayout, i knew i forgot something

sun4i-keyboard.zip

thanks for giving this your time, much appreciated

also i found out a little bit about my tablet through cracking the case open, its an onda vx610w deluxe, just rebranded for the usa as a polaroid, so more tablets can be supported by your work.

edit: OMFG YOU ARE AWESOME! i hereby bow down to you, it booted to cwm recovery and while the touch screen navigation doesnt seem to work i can use my buttons to hit menu to navigate and back to select. trying to get to cwmod from a fresh boot (holding down a button and power) doesnt seem to work but i (please correct me if im wrong) attribute that to me forgetting to send you the keylayout file. thank you so much, im backing up my rom right now and hopefully soon will start work on porting cyanogenmod 7 to it. :) i cant tell you how happy i am lol thank you again

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
sorry about the missing keylayout, i knew i forgot something

sun4i-keyboard.zip

thanks for giving this your time, much appreciated

also i found out a little bit about my tablet through cracking the case open, its an onda vx610w deluxe, just rebranded for the usa as a polaroid, so more tablets can be supported by your work.

edit: OMFG YOU ARE AWESOME! i hereby bow down to you, it booted to cwm recovery and while the touch screen navigation doesnt seem to work i can use my buttons to hit menu to navigate and back to select. trying to get to cwmod from a fresh boot (holding down a button and power) doesnt seem to work but i (please correct me if im wrong) attribute that to me forgetting to send you the keylayout file. thank you so much, im backing up my rom right now and hopefully soon will start work on porting cyanogenmod 7 to it. :) i cant tell you how happy i am lol thank you again

Great! Glad that its working for you. btw, since the buttons are working for you, the key mapping info is no longer important. However, you still have to figure out how to get into CWM via buttons. To my knowledge, it will involve holding down one of the buttons and powering up the tablet. Its likely to be the BACK button.

By the way, did you choose p76ti or Treq A10C when you install the CWM using kkromkit?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
yes ,im using android gingerbread 2.3.4 sir ..

I see. Unfortunately, the partitions are non-standard so I will not be able to support your tablet.

Sorry, already not easy to work on the thing without the tablet and that diffference does make it worst. I know it can be overcome but its not the configuration that I will be working on.

nizar07

Mar 4, 2012
I see. Unfortunately, the partitions are non-standard so I will not be able to support your tablet.

Sorry, already not easy to work on the thing without the tablet and that diffference does make it worst. I know it can be overcome but its not the configuration that I will be working on.

okay no problem sir, keep your good work :)

whoshotjr2006

Mar 29, 2012
hello again

i cant for the life of me figure out what to hold with power to boot into cwmod, ill keep trying and if i find it ill let you know

also i found out that while inside cwmod recovery power is the back button, menu is the down button, and back is used to select an item.

i ended up trying both p76ti and Treq A10C in kkromkit and they both seem to work the same, so no probs there.

thank you again for porting this, it just made my tablet 400x more fun lol