CM9 port for 7022

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
I've been trying to port theme chooser into it but get problems. I can release it with the new ics update ported but no cm9 rom updates. Do you want cm9 with the new ics update?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

That would be great. The Theme chooser would be nice, but just running cm9 with the new ics update would be awesome.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Ill post the new update sometime this week but be aware that it has no theme chooser; btw if anyone can find a cm9 tablet rom with working theme chooser that can help. Preferable a cortex or telechips rom.

Last edited:

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
No problem, just curious how it was going. I saw in your first post that you used the german ics update to port cm9. Would the latest version of the german ics (v1.1.00250), be of any use to you? I can send you the clockwork recovery files if you want.

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012
First I want to say, thank you very much for your efforts with this port, I really do appreciate it and if you want to take up a donation to support the port, let me know ;)

While attempting to flash CM9 from Gingerbread I encountered the "offset error" (normal when upgrading from ICS) and the boot froze at the Coby screen.

I'm updating to Coby's ICS build and I'm going to attempt to flash CM9 again to avoid the offset error and maybe that will make things smoother. I'll post my findings here.

Also, I would like to see Theme Chooser in this build but it's not neccesary of course.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
First I want to say, thank you very much for your efforts with this port, I really do appreciate it and if you want to take up a donation to support the port, let me know ;)

While attempting to flash CM9 from Gingerbread I encountered the "offset error" (normal when upgrading from ICS) and the boot froze at the Coby screen.

I'm updating to Coby's ICS build and I'm going to attempt to flash CM9 again to avoid the offset error and maybe that will make things smoother. I'll post my findings here.

Also, I would like to see Theme Chooser in this build but it's not neccesary of course.

Sorry if you get freeze screen at boot but first make sure you can run the ICS update then try this rom. It appears that some 7022 tablets don't boot it at first flash. Just try clearing cache and data. If it helps, I formatted system, data, cache, and boot, maybe this can help you.
I've been trying to port CM9 from the novo7 because it has theme chooser but I can't get it to homescreen just bootloop; anyways ill keep trying and post the rom asa I get it fixed.
I admit I'm not the creater of the ported rom, but I just take credit for making it work on our tablet. Anything helps, the donate link is at the bottom of the first post.

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012
Sorry if you get freeze screen at boot but first make sure you can run the ICS update then try this rom. It appears that some 7022 tablets don't boot it at first flash. Just try clearing cache and data. If it helps, I formatted system, data, cache, and boot, maybe this can help you.
I've been trying to port CM9 from the novo7 because it has theme chooser but I can't get it to homescreen just bootloop; anyways ill keep trying and post the rom asa I get it fixed.
I admit I'm not the creater of the ported rom, but I just take credit for making it work on our tablet. Anything helps, the donate link is at the bottom of the first post.

I have Coby ICS update up and running (usual wifi and freezing bugs included of course). I tried flashing CM9 from Clockwork but it still returned the offset error, which I thought was wierd since I'm moving from ICS to ICS.

I still get stuck at the Coby screen was booting from CM9, should I clear cache and data anyway and see if that works. By the way, my device is the 7022, USA version.

Any contribution to the community helps, no matter how small. Certain developers, who shall remain namelss, have a habit of nurturing their egos and require "VIP donations" to access their work.

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
The offset error is du to the retouching binaries process during installation. Does not really matter.

If you can get the logcat during the boot process it should help paintballeralex07 to find the cause of the bootloop.

@paintballeralex07 : do you have wifi problems and freezes on this build like on official update or do you fix them ?
I've got your rom to boot on 8127 but I have too much crash for a daily use... I'm currently trying to extract the kernel ou of the boot.img file to reinject it in an other boot.img. Maybe it can help us to port other rom.

Last edited:

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
The offset error is du to the retouching binaries process during installation. Does not really matter.

If you can get the logcat during the boot process it should help paintballeralex07 to find the cause of the bootloop.

@paintballeralex07 : do you have wifi problems and freezes on this build like on official update or do you fix them ?
I've got your rom to boot on 8127 but I have too much crash for a daily use... I'm currently trying to extract the kernel ou of the boot.img file to reinject it in an other boot.img. Maybe it can help us to port other rom.

Before I release my stuff I always fully test it to see if there are any issues present, I make sure to fix them.
I dont remember where I read something about the Kyros tablets not being 100% the same; that is, that no 2 Kyros 7022 are the same, some come with hardware issues that are not repairable. Sorry if you get freezes or any other problems.

I already fixed the boot.img file to enable adb when boot. It appears that it was dissabled completely within the stock update. FYI i haven't tested but Im sure it's safe. Just replace with the one inside the zip.
boot_new.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Alexis Diaz

Anyways, I've tried making a new port using the Novo7 CM9 rom (Theme chooser included) but only bootloops, I think maybe I'll just create CM9 from source.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
About freeze and wifi problem, I was talking about official update. If you don't have them in your CM9 port it's good news !

About adb during boot, i've already fix it too but not directly in boot.img, it's in the build.prop of the rom.

But can you explain me how did you edit the boot.img ? I've tried many scripts I've found on the net but no one can rebuild it correctly. vampirefo said that I have to compile the mkbootimg tool but I fail with that...

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
About freeze and wifi problem, I was talking about official update. If you don't have them in your CM9 port it's good news !

About adb during boot, i've already fix it too but not directly in boot.img, it's in the build.prop of the rom.

But can you explain me how did you edit the boot.img ? I've tried many scripts I've found on the net but no one can rebuild it correctly. vampirefo said that I have to compile the mkbootimg tool but I fail with that...

I just followed the instructions in this link (BTW you must cygwin setup for android developing just follow the instructions as if you were setting up the android kitchen [xda] ):
Free Your Android - Extracting, Editing and Re-Packing boot.img in Windows

FYI I haven't tested my boot.img, so I don't know if it works.

The problem when porting roms to our tablet is that there are not many devices that use a cortex a8 telechips 8803 chip processor. The only ones that do either dont have many good roms or just have a cortex a8 or telechips device. The best way would be to create a new rom. I can make some themed or flashable themes for the rom or try to make CM9 from source but i will need help.

What do you all prefer:
-Create flashable themes?
-Compile CM9 from source with theme chooser?
-keep porting?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just followed the instructions in this link (BTW you must cygwin setup for android developing just follow the instructions as if you were setting up the android kitchen [xda] ):
Free Your Android - Extracting, Editing and Re-Packing boot.img in Windows

FYI I haven't tested my boot.img, so I don't know if it works.

The problem when porting roms to our tablet is that there are not many devices that use a cortex a8 telechips 8803 chip processor. The only ones that do either dont have many good roms or just have a cortex a8 or telechips device. The best way would be to create a new rom. I can make some themed or flashable themes for the rom or try to make CM9 from source but i will need help.

What do you all prefer:
-Create flashable themes?
-Compile CM9 from source with theme chooser?
-keep porting?

your boot.img wont boot on a telechips, you pagesize is wrong.

These are your boot.img settings.
BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE console=ttyTCC,115200n8
BOARD_KERNEL_BASE 40000000
BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048

to make a bootable boot.img

you would want this.

BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 8192

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
your boot.img wont boot on a telechips, you pagesize is wrong.

These are your boot.img settings.
BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048

to make a bootable boot.img

you would want this.

BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 8192

I just edited the adb setting on a script. I left thecrst intact then I compiled. Well, like I said before "I haven't tested it."