Coby kyros MID 7024-1024 Beginners Setup.

MikeyGib

Aug 6, 2011
You may have read over many forums talking about rooting your android device, well with the Coby Kyros, you dont really need to. =)
I have created a small kit to help you immediately install the Android Market, Skype, Facebook, and Contacts to your coby tablet.

Folder Contents:

Market v2.2.6 } (bundled together as one setup apk file)
Google Framework 2.2 } "com.android.vending.froyo.apk"

Market v2.2.7 update } "com.android.vending-2.apk"

Contacts v2.2.1 } "contacts.apk"

Facebook v1.6.1 } "com.facebook.katana.apk"

Skype v2.1.0.46 } "com.skype.raider-2.1.0.46.apk"

Just drag them all onto ur device by usb, and install them by using apkinstaller.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9687QK0

Last edited:

soportal

Aug 3, 2011
I have tried installing Market in my Coby Kyros MID7024. I have a new icon for Market but when I try to open it, a white screen opens for a while but the application doesn't open.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Does that skype support video calling?

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

ladybuglady

Aug 27, 2011
i have been trying to download android market to my coby kyros mid7024 for a week now with no luck. i'm getting frustrated and ready to throw it in the garbage. i tried doing what you suggested and upon connecting my 7024 via usb to my pc, it tells me there are no driver software available for my android. now what do i do. all i really want is adobe flash player. i didn't think it was going to be this difficult since it's an android and 2.2. i know nothing about adroid but didn't think it was going to be this hard to learn. can you please help me. i searched for driver updates....no luck. thank you.

Aug 4, 2011
Why do you have what the drivers to connect to a computer? The tablet connects without drivers, but if it is wrong to make a connection that looks windose and naturally can not find drivers. To mount a "connectivity" of the computer as a usb flash drive ... you will see the internal memory and flash installed ...

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
So what's the fix for the white screen? Everything installed contacts works - didn't install facebook, or skype.

muzition

Oct 1, 2011
First, thank you for all of the help in getting my tablet working the way I want. You don't know how much help this information has been to several people.

Second, is there any way to get the updated facebook app to work on the 7024? The 1.6 works fine except it tells me there is an update available everytime i start it. (I don't have to do the update as this one works, but I am curious)???

rain

May 5, 2011
i have been trying to download android market to my coby kyros mid7024 for a week now with no luck. i'm getting frustrated and ready to throw it in the garbage. i tried doing what you suggested and upon connecting my 7024 via usb to my pc, it tells me there are no driver software available for my android. now what do i do. all i really want is adobe flash player. i didn't think it was going to be this difficult since it's an android and 2.2. i know nothing about adroid but didn't think it was going to be this hard to learn. can you please help me. i searched for driver updates....no luck. thank you.
sometimes you have to go over to another forum where there are fifty people talking instead of five to gleen info.
Market Not As It Was??? - SlateDroid.com
. . . .and a herotab is 95 percent the same. do NOT use their firmware because of the ( critical ) 5 percent differences !

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Hi what helped me install my android market was going to you tube and looking up installing market to coby kyros. I believe its the first link that comes up. He provides a working link to the market and step by step instructions. Also your. Able to see the step by step process. It made it much easier for me. He's installing on o different coby but the instructions and link work perfectly! I was frusterated at first also but this video will walk you through the entire process. Follow his instructions to a tee and you will have the market up and running in no time at all. This is what I did and my tablet is not rooted and I'm able to buy apps too! I also got netflix up and running if you want help with. That after the market. I think you will be happy witht his video. It helped me soooo much!

ladybuglady

Aug 27, 2011
thanks for you help in this, and i was able to install the market but it will not open. i click on the icon and it appears to want to open but then reverts right back to the screen that all of my icons are on. i have the coby 7024. any suggestions? i am happy that i was able to get this far, but i really want the flash player so that i can watch live cams. thanks.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
thanks for you help in this, and i was able to install the market but it will not open. i click on the icon and it appears to want to open but then reverts right back to the screen that all of my icons are on. i have the coby 7024. any suggestions? i am happy that i was able to get this far, but i really want the flash player so that i can watch live cams. thanks.

Dude, best thing you can do is install a CFW. In the main page there's a thread. Read it and improve your tablet!.

If you dont want to flash ur tablet, u can always try to download the app from other ways than market... in found tha flash player somewhere, installed tha apk and it worked BADASS... Still, best option is flashing, it will give u +100 mb in ram, that means better performance (even with skype, in the original firmware is A DISASTER, with custom works fine) give a try :D.

Hope it helps