Connecting to PC

RobFindlay

Nov 3, 2011
I just picked this 7 inch tablet at Big Lots it's running 2.2 Android, though I'd like to get the REAL android market installed.

I've downloaded a copy of the android market app but for the life of me I can't figure out how to connect the tablet to my PC
to copy the file over.

Can someone enlighten me?

-Rob

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I just picked this 7 inch tablet at Big Lots it's running 2.2 Android, though I'd like to get the REAL android market installed.

I've downloaded a copy of the android market app but for the life of me I can't figure out how to connect the tablet to my PC
to copy the file over.

Can someone enlighten me?

-Rob
Welcome!

You can't, it's not a feature of this tablet. Copy the application to a microSD card or USB drive and either insert the mircoSD card or using that provided mini USB to USB adapter connect the USB flash drive, then using the My Pad application navigate to either and click on to install the application (.apk).

View attachment 4504

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ve-working-otg-support.html?highlight=connect

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/19618-usb-wont-connect.html

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Nice sig gif cfrockit! Although I still like mine:

$kyle_broflovski.jpg

vrocko

Oct 24, 2011
Hey cfrockit,
Okay I know now that you can't directly connect the Sylvania tablet to the PC, helps if you read the manual duh, but I did try to connect a USB flash drive to the tablet and I could not get it to recognize it. I've done the system update but haven't tried to attach a flash drive since. I'll give it a shot again tonight. Has anyone tried to connect a USB mouse or keyboard to this tablet and did it work? Why in the world would you include TWO mini USB ports if they don't work? Isn't that a waste of resources? I mean what's the purpose of them except to take up space?

Rich

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hey cfrockit,
Okay I know now that you can't directly connect the Sylvania tablet to the PC, helps if you read the manual duh, but I did try to connect a USB flash drive to the tablet and I could not get it to recognize it. I've done the system update but haven't tried to attach a flash drive since. I'll give it a shot again tonight. Has anyone tried to connect a USB mouse or keyboard to this tablet and did it work?
Give it another test as both keyboard and mice have successfully been attached along with some USB flash drives. A search of the forum will find several posts of the various devices attached either directly or through a USB hub.
Example below of USB drive displayed as UDisk1 in My Pad application.
$copied.JPG
Why in the world would you include TWO mini USB ports if they don't work? Isn't that a waste of resources? I mean what's the purpose of them except to take up space?

Rich
Back in the days (pre-April 2011) of only having Android 2.1 on these devices, both USBs functioned. One as "Host" allowing for the connection of external devices such as USB drives, mice, and keyboards. The other "OTG" for connecting to a computer to mount the internal memory as an external drive. Once the device has been updated to the custom firmware and Android 2.2 the USB's only function to connect external devices.

A search of the forum with find several posts of the various devices attached either directly or through a USB hub.

Here's a video of a similar InfoTMIC powered tablet connect to both a mouse and keyboard. While the commentary is in Spanish it's easy to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arreladd

Mar 29, 2011
A solution that I found to work for me to get files off of my computer and onto the tablet is to either transfer them to an TF card, USB flash drive, or my personal favorate is using Ghost Commander with the samba plugin. Ghost commander allows me to browse and copy files from my computer to my tablet via wireless or wired network connection.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
EStrong file explorer does the same. When ever I need a file from my desktop, I just make sure the folder is shared across the network, then I can access it on the tab using Estrong. And any media that can't be streamed, Estrong will automatically move it over to the tab for playback there.

vrocko

Oct 24, 2011
I've been using a USB flash drive, the OTG works, recently to copy files since all you have to do is plug it in. I can definitely see the use of a keyboard to attach to the tablet. I've not used Ghost Commander but I'll download it and try it out. Anything special I need to know? Thanks again.