connection problem

jojo23

Jul 20, 2011
So I tried to connect my iconia to my phone using padnet, but for some reasons they just won't pair. Then I used my phone as hot spot n I was able to bridge a connection. However for some reasons I can't access market or any apps that require internet. Keep in mind I can actually browse the web and all that. Does anyone know what I should do?I have a HTC incredible 2. Also I am able to access market n my apps when I use my WiFi at home. Please help out a newbie LOL

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So I tried to connect my iconia to my phone using padnet, but for some reasons they just won't pair. Then I used my phone as hot spot n I was able to bridge a connection. However for some reasons I can't access market or any apps that require internet. Keep in mind I can actually browse the web and all that. Does anyone know what I should do?I have a HTC incredible 2. Also I am able to access market n my apps when I use my WiFi at home. Please help out a newbie LOL

I have a Nexus One, which has ability to do Portable Wifi Hotspot.

I have no trouble accessing the market when the tablet connects thru my phone. Every app works as I expect it to.

Bear in mind that the market is dependent on the Google Talk app. So open that and log in first.
Check any settings in the HTC that might be limiting your connectivity.
Bridging is NOT the same as being a wifi router.

Last edited:

jojo23

Jul 20, 2011
Called tech support and was told that since my tab's running on 3.0.1 it could not do what I want. I've been trying to update my tab but it won't give. Not sure what else I can do now.. =/