Constent wifi issues?

dmfahie

Mar 24, 2012
I am always fighting keeping my wifi connection. My wife uses her ipad all over the house with no issues but I am always geyting disconnected. It seems that the radio in the s doesnt seem to be to strong or is it just mine? If you have any advice please share. Thank you in advance.

DimentoGraven

Mar 26, 2012
dmfahie said:
I am always fighting keeping my wifi connection. My wife uses her ipad all over the house with no issues but I am always geyting disconnected. It seems that the radio in the s doesnt seem to be to strong or is it just mine? If you have any advice please share. Thank you in advance.

I believe it's just weak antenna design. I have many wifi devices and all seem to have varying degrees of reception. My iphones seem to have the best, followed by various laptops (Asus, thinkpad, Toshiba), then pc's with wifi cards, then my console gaming systems (xbox360 and Wii), then my hand held game platforms (psp1000, psp3000, nintendo dsi, dsixl, 3ds), and then at the bottom with the most consistantly weakest signal, my Sony tablet.

Still it's not been overly problematic for me, just something I've noticed.

louballs

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah i have the same problem, i still have the issue that it disconnects every time the screen goes to sleep...even though i have it set to stay on all the time.

red558

Mar 26, 2012

If its a big issue you can take off the back cover it seems to help. Be carefull though

XE1UFO

Feb 18, 2012
I am also having these same problems. Some days I can have my tablet right next to my WIFI router, and the Sony does not "see" it until I restart the roter. (My laptop CAN see it just fine!) Other days I can shut down my Tablet S, and when I restart it later, I have to re-enter the WEP access code all over again, because it has "forgotten" it. Yes: The screen going to sleep cuts off my WIFI as well. It does not matter if I am downloading something, or listening to radio over the Internet. Very frustrating indeed!