Custom ROM for Coby MID 9042

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
yeah the tablet lags like hell. then i use coby mobiz2 and it runs really fast but the touch is inverted now i only use is mouse and keyboard. if there is a custom rom for 9042 please kinda responds to my thread :D

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
how about the display? its inverted too that's why touch is inverted. is there any fixes? i know that the rom is not compatible with 9042

Oct 10, 2013
yeah the tablet lags like hell. then i use coby mobiz2 and it runs really fast but the touch is inverted now i only use is mouse and keyboard. if there is a custom rom for 9042 please kinda responds to my thread :D
do you have rom coby kiros mid 9042 yet?
i need rom stock its!

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
Swap out the modules with your 9042 modules. If everything else is working then your modules should fix your touch screen.

Is it just the system\vendor\modules folder that needs to be swapped? Or should I also swap the system\lib folder as well?

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
I put this ROM on my 9042 and swapped the modules, but, when ita booted and running, there is a little circle that acts as a cursor that I have to point everywhere by swiping the direction I want it to move and double tap to make it click on something. How do I turn that off? I've went through every setting and I can not get it off.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I put this ROM on my 9042 and swapped the modules, but, when ita booted and running, there is a little circle that acts as a cursor that I have to point everywhere by swiping the direction I want it to move and double tap to make it click on something. How do I turn that off? I've went through every setting and I can not get it off.

This is a driver mismatch issue. Looks like you need to swap more modules.