Devs or android users, what would you recommend as a first app development project?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Along side with other projects I have in mind, I was thinking about developing an app for the market.
in what catagory are we missing apps in?
I was thinking in trying for my own launcher for tablets.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
A launcher for tablets is a good idea. There aren't too many of those right now...

I think there is a high demand for some alternate Android tablet keyboards. Beyond ThumbKeyboard, there is little choice. ThumbKeyboard has a lot of options to customize, but is really just too much clutter for ordinary users. It needs a few intro screens. Even then, I think there is plenty of room for some healthy competition.

I actually want some sort of an improved recovery flasher for all the devices that are not supported by ROM Manager. Probably pack flash_image into the thing, with a lot of warning messages. It would a root app that would just be a nice gesture. People might be inclined to donate. Ad supported is probably okay, but you wont get much for a quick tool like this, I think. But there is a need for this...

RK2818 devices can use an app that bundles rkdump to help backup firmware

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well i wanna start training myself and when i look at both amazon and android market, you just think...were would i start.
Some good choices il want to consider. I agree on the alternate flasher. Im an RA recovery user, not so much clockwork and thinking there should be an app to guide you to building an easy recovery would be life saving.
Gets frustrating when ur halfway through a project and your linux build decides not to work -.- and lose data.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah I took a look at that VLT launcher pretty kewl stuff but I believe it lacks in presentation. I was going to recreate the default launcher in the tablet I support or go from scratch. I do plan on creating a new settings.apk for custom firmwares for tablets as well.